Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

The weather around here has really been sucking lately. 
We have power again today, thank goodness. A two year old and a seven week old in a dark, hot house were not my cup of tea. At least we got to use the good crystal and silver, ha ha. 
(Here's a shot from my instagram last night - @jennymundy). 

Really, though, we were lucky. There has been flooding galore in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Have you seen all the footage of the Toronto flooding yesterday (this one's from cbc)? Crazy!
On the plus side, we haven't had to water the grass or anything. But come on already, summer, bring on the sunshine! We've enjoyed the sunny days, but they are few and far between. Here's hoping for a better second half of July and a nice, bright August. 

Hope everyone in the GTA is dry, safe and sound. And my thoughts continue to go out to those affected by floods in Alberta. What a weird time for water in Canada... flooding is definitely not the norm here.

I'll be back to regular posting soon! In the mean time, I'm sorry for the delay as I take care of some necessary stuff. Hoping to share our house progress and some recent party pics very soon!

Jenny xo

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you and yours are safe, definitely thought of you when the Toronto flooding was on the news. All the floods and fires in the news of late are just so sad and I hope all effected have the resilience to recover. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! Soooooooooo tired of the rain! We had no power for about 8 hours, and that was long enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)