Monday, June 3, 2013

Shelley's Dream Closet

I'm very excited to have the creative and talented Shelley from the blog Crazy Wonderful here today. Shelley, thank you so much for joining the guest blogger series! I am especially excited about Shelley's post on what makers her home her dream house because she is living in a rental, which has its pros and cons but can be trickier in some ways (in my experience, anyway -- I've been a renter for most of my adult life, though none of my places looked as great as Shelley's). Anyway, Shelley has a great eye for design and is a skilled DIYer, so it is a real treat to have her here today. Take it away, Shelley:

I'm Shelley from Crazy Wonderful, and I am so thrilled to help fill in for Jenny while she gets to know her new little girl!

If you stop by my blog you'll see that I'm a major lover of DIY.  You'll find lots of tutorials for things I've done to make my house a home.

We recently moved from Kansas down to Texas and are selling our house where a lot of my DIY skills got put to the test.  We're now renting, and I'm finding ways to work around someone else's choices to make it feel like us.  While there are a lot of things I'd change about this place if it were mine, there is one thing I love about it.

My house is my dream home because... I now have a mega closet ALL. TO. MYSELF!!!!!!

The right side is all rods for hanging.  There is even a third row way up top for seasonal items.  I totally don't have enough clothing to even use this space. 
To the left, I'd like to direct you to organization heaven.

Ahhhhhhhh... *the whole singing angels thing* ...hhhhhh!!!!!

Space for longer hanging items, drawers for my drawers and everything else I used to have stowed away in our bedroom dressers.  It is so nice to get ready in one spot.

Baskets and boxes hold belts and other accessories while keeping everything looking tidy.


There is even a dedicated drawer for jewelry!


Shoes now have a home without being tossed and stuffed into place.


On a side note, I did some shoe purging before our move.  I used to have a lot of shoes, but the reality is I only wear a handful regularly.  And which ones might those be?  Yep, you guessed it - the flats.  So I figured if I hadn't worn a pair in over a year, off to the donation pile they would go!

We need to move on because all this talk about shoes is making me hungry for more ;)


I've set up a little area off to the side for my scarfs and my daily grab and go jewelry.  Makes things easier when you're in a hurry.


So, my husband laughed at me when got so excited about this next part, but I think it's pretty darn cool.

There's a little pull out rod to hang your clothes on for the next day!  LOVE THAT!!!

Of course, I've never used it except to take this photo.  I mean come on, there's really no need to display my t-shirt and jammie pants.  Am I right???


This closet is also the perfect place for my little girl, Izzy, to prance around in mommy's heels :)

  
So there it is!  The piece of our place that makes me feel like I'm in our dream home!

Thanks so much for having me over today, Jenny!

Hope you're getting some rest and loads of new baby noggin sniffing in :)

-Shelley

Isn't that closet the stuff dreams are made of? I love how organized it is. The jewellery drawers is my fave. Thank you so much for sharing, Shelley!! Jenny xo

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me over Jenny! I hope you're getting as much rest as you possibly can and are soaking in every delicious moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a dreamy closet! I especially love the jewelry drawer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still understanding from you, but I'm making an attempt to achieve my ambitions. I undoubtedly enjoy studying every thing that is posted on your internet site.Keep the stories coming. I preferred it!
    sell gold jewelry in Houston
    diamond buyers Houston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dream closet! Every woman should have one! We lived in Houston Texas and a year ago we moved to Illinois! Loved the weather in Texas, but I am a New Yorker in my heart! I will stop by your blog! Thank you!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow -- that is an awesome closet! there's no going back now...no way you'll be able to have a 'regular' closet again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am extremely surprised by the data of this weblog and i am happy i experienced a search over the site. thank you so considerably for sharing this sort of great information.
    Car Service To Galveston Cruise Terminal
    limousine service in houston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a closet anyone would kill for!
    Superb!
    Boston Limo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)