Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dream Home Highlights - Megan @ Honey We're Home

Hello, hello!
Our guest blogger series continues today. I asked Megan from Honey We're Home to join us and am so excited to have her here today. Megan's house is totally amazing, and you can tell how much thought, love, and care she and her family have put into making it their wonderful home. Megan's blog is full of awesome ideas for your home and shares how she has put hers together, and she also has a second blog all about health and fitness, Honey We're Healthy. Go on over and visit her blog, and if you're here visiting via Megan's blog, welcome and thank you for coming! 
Okay, take it away Megan:

I'm very blessed to be living in what I consider a dream home.  We designed and built this home from the ground up taking into consideration many "wish list" items like a large white kitchen with Carrera marble countertops, a master bedroom with a sitting area, his and hers walk-in closets, lots of room for organization, and a nice pantry.  Although I was definitely an amateur during this process and still have a lot to learn, I'm extremely pleased with how our home turned out.

After living in a tiny, dark kitchen, a nice and bright kitchen was on my wish list for sure.  It's really the heart of the home and I love cooking in here with my son.


The master bath has the same marble counters and I'm thrilled with the large window above the tub.  


mudroom is a real luxury and very practical for coming in and out of the house with backpacks, gym bags, purses, etc.  I built the bench seat the "no-sew" way and it's held up for years.



I love some of the architectural details like our curved staircase.  


So fun to decorate at Christmas-time!  



The sitting room off of the master bedroom gets a lot of use.  My son watches cartoons in there while I get ready in the morning. 


closet with a built in shoe shelf is a nice addition too.  Now I can actually see what shoes I have. 




I never forget how many tiny apartments I have lived in (and loved!) but this house is really special to me as it was a labor of love and I have poured my heart into planning it and making it a home that is comfortable and welcoming.  Thanks for having me Jenny!  Enjoy that little baby!!
- Megan

Thank you, Megan! 
 You guys -- isn't that closet to die for? And you have to go see more pics of the kitchen and her son's big-boy room that she is working on now.
- Jenny xo

4 comments:

  1. The corner cabinet in the closet is a genius way to put into use space that always seems dark and "lost" in my closet ... I'm keeping my eyes open for corner cabs that could be added to my closet, not necessarily for shoes, but even with a hanging bar so items can be fully seen. Love her kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute perfection. There is not one thing I would change in this home! Megan did a lovely job! Thanks for featuring her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been ooooing and awwwing over her house for a few weeks now. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a dream home. I am loving this series of guest posts. So many great house tours and ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)