Monday, June 10, 2013

A Victorian Dream Home - Janice from Life Begins at Thirty, Right?

Hi friends! Thanks for your sweet emails and comments. Things are going well with the new baby -- although we are not getting much sleep. One thing we took for granted with Benjamin, our first, was the ability to nap by day if baby is up all night. With a two week old and almost two year old, there is definitely lots of adjusting and not much sleep. Matt is back at work and I'm figuring out how to adjust to two under two. But life is good, and we feel like the luckiest people on earth. I'll have to share some more pics of the kids soon. Once I upload them, that is. 

Anyway, I hope you've been enjoying the guest blogger series. The guest post series continues today, and I'm so excited to welcome Janice from the super fun blog, Life Begins at Thirty, Right? Janice is a Canadian blogger living in a gorgeous home right in Toronto. Her house is all kinds of beautiful. If you aren't familiar with her blog, pop on over and say hello! 
Okay, here's Janice.

Hi everyone!! Thanks so much to Jenny for having me over while she is spending some time getting to know her little bundle of joy! It is such an exciting time (and overwhelming of course) and I remember it quite well.

My name is Janice and I blog (sporadically) over at Life Begins at Thirty, Right? It used to be a blog about the purchase and renovation/decoration of our 100+ year old Victorian rowhouse in Toronto. My husband and I welcomed our first child to the world in June of 2012 and since then...well..I pretty much blog photos of him :-)

Anyways....

I sort of have two answers to why my house is my dream home. Let's call them "BB" and "AB" (before baby and after baby, respectively).

BB:

My house is my dream home because it is a perfect mix of old and new. Although I can appreciate super modern homes, I really was hoping to find one that had modern conveniences in an older home.

As much as I love our renovated kitchen:


I really love our original plaster mouldings:


I love our formal living and dining rooms (unheard of in more modern homes):


IMG_8721

...as much as I love the new hardwood floors throughout:

Untitled

There are the original stained glass french doors:


and our newly renovated bathroom:




Of course, with the old Victorian 'charm' comes a number of 'challenges' (cracking plaster, narrow hallways, narrow staircases, etc.) but it is SO worth it! I definitely feel like the bank we own a small piece of Toronto history. Cracked plaster and all.

And of course, AB:

After Luca was born, I realized VERY quickly that my house is my dream home because of these two guys:


Thanks again for having me, Jennifer!! Congratulations on the arrival of your little one!!

Photobucket


Thank you so much, Janice! 
Isn't her little man the cutest? And gosh, I LOVE that bathroom. 
- Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Janice has a beautiful home and family. Does your baby girl have a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Jenny!! Hope you are doing well with the kids and that the sleep gets better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)