Monday, June 17, 2013

A Dream Backyard - Cassie from Hi Sugarplum!

Today is the final scheduled post for my guest blogger series, "My House is my Dream Home Because..." I will be back this week with baby and house updates aplenty :)
Anyway, I am so so excited to have Cassie visiting from  Hi Sugarplum! Her blog is one of my absolute must-reads. I love her style -- both in terms of writing and interior design. She is creative and funny and her house is just lovely. If you don't already know Cassie, go on over and say hello! But first, here she is:

Hello friends! I'm Cassie of Hi Sugarplum, and I'm thrilled to be hanging out over here with you all! When Jenny asked me what makes my house my dream home...I immediately thought of our backyard.
butterfly chairs
When we moved from Tennessee to Texas several years ago, I couldn't believe our luck that we were able to find a house, within our budget, that had a pool! And honestly, having a pool in Texas is like having heat in Canada....kind of a necessity if you plan on spending Summer outside. We recently completed the makeover on the patio area, and are spending more time than ever outside.
Hi Sugarplum | Cheery Outdoor Patio

Hi Sugarplum | Cheery Outdoor Patio

It's been the perfect setting for many parties...including my son's Stars & Stripes Pool Party...

100_4789

And my daughter's Rainbow Art Party.
happy girl

We hung twinkle lights from the pergola, so even simple dinners feel special when eaten outside.
100_4425

But the best, and most important, thing about my home...is who I'm blessed to share it with!

daddy love

Stop by Hi Sugarplum, and spend some time browsing the Project Gallery, where you'll see all the projects we've tackled trying to whip the homely out of our 80's house!

Thanks so much for having me, Jenny...I hope you're enjoying this precious time with your family!

xo. Cassie 


Thank you so much, Cassie!
See you all soon! Jenny xo

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for having me, jenny -- It was fun to see my backyard over here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)