Monday, May 27, 2013

Guest Blogger Series: My House is My Dream Home Because...



Hello friends,

We are settling into life with two kids, and for the most part it has been a smooth transition. But an exhausting one, with some ups and downs. Such is life with an almost two year old and an almost one week old. We are still undecided on baby girl's name (I'm indecisive, especially when I'm tired). But she is doing great. Benjamin is very sweet with her, and is doing a good job of adjusting to his role as a big brother. Matt is home from work for two more days, and I'm trying to enjoy the time with the four of us as much as I can.

Today I wanted to introduce my guest blogger series to you.

“My House is My Dream Home Because…”

Here is what I proposed people posted about:
Sometimes, with long house to-do lists, it is easy to think about what we'd like to be different or see change, and harder to focus on what we LOVE. For this series, pick something, big or small, that you love about your house. You can pick more than one thing if you want – totally up to you. Maybe you grew up wanting a big kitchen island and have one. Maybe main floor laundry floats your boat. It could be something that feels luxurious, like a splurge on an original piece of art or heated bathroom floors or custom window treatments. Or something sentimental – a piece you and your partner made together, an heirloom you’ve incorporated... It can be a small accessory or a whole room you’ve put together that came out just how you wanted. Anything goes, however you’d like to finish the sentence, “My house is my dream home because…”


I've loved the responses, and am so excited to share the spaces people chose to showcase.

We'll get things started tomorrow. In the mean time, if you want to answer the question for yourself and send me an email, I'd love to feature your dream home elements too! I can be reached at jennifer dot hibberd at gmail dot com.

Jenny xo



4 comments:

  1. Great photo of your little ones :) Hope you are getting some sleep and able to capture more moments like this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly sweet photo of the two of them! Nothing like baby toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel! My kids are 20 months apart (they're currently 10 months and 2.5 years). I wouldn't change anything in terms of having them close together. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet picture!!! I am sure you are managing great, even if it's half asleep at the wheel. I know the feeling : ) Congratulations on such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)