Friday, March 15, 2013

Switching to Google+

Hi there,

I've been hearing all about how GoogleReader is disappearing, though I don't totally understand what the impact will be. I also keep getting prompts from blogger to switch to Google+

I've made the switch but have yet to figure out some things -- so bear with me as the site may look a bit wonky in some parts. For now, if you have any tips or ideas please share! And if you're a Google+ user  please follow me using Google+ (I'll be visiting all my fave blogs over the next little while to add myself to them as a Google+ follower to make sure that I don't lose track of them when Google Reader disappears on July 1st). 

I wish I was better with the technological side of things...

Be back later with some house updates :)

Jenny xo

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about Google+ either, so I've put off switching over. Someone must have written a good blog post somewhere that explains it all, but I haven't come across it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading about it, and apparently a lot of people are switching to either Feedly or Bloglovin. They are, by all accounts, easy to use, and will import all of your feeds for you just by signing in with your google account. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use google friend connect and have been wondering if it will be affected. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm rather slow to catch on to things. Your posts haven't shown up in my Blogger Dashboard {reader} for about a week. So I popped over to see if I've missed anything and it looks like the switch to Google + coincides with your posts last showing up in Blogger. When I scrolled to the absolute bottom of the list of blogs I follow there's a new entry titled *Hidden* and that's where Simcoe Street disappeared to. Don't know if I'm the only one? but I thought I'd let you know something that might happen to others too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)