Sunday, March 17, 2013

Renovation Reality

 Have you ever done a renovation, big or small?

So often in magazines and design blogs it goes from a before photo right to a gorgeous after. It seems so fast and magical. In real life, there are a lot of weird in-between phases. People probably don't share them because these in between bits are super ugly. Well, I'm going ahead and sharing it all anyway. Brace yourselves. 

First, let me say this... We've made mega progress and are actually pretty close to moving in (I'm hoping two weeks and we will be officially full-time living there, though we'll still have about a hundred years worth of tweaks to make, ha ha). With that said, parts of the house are still in shambles. Many parts. There is nothing even close to an "after." But that is real life. And all part of the fun, I think. 

Today, I thought I'd share some snapshots from around the house over the past little bit (as I said, some sadly still current - a number of these pics were snapped yesterday). Some of these spaces I've yet to introduce you to, but we'll get to those starting Monday. For now, thought anyone who has been there might get a laugh out of some of these. And if you've never done a reno (this is our first) here is a glimpse of what you can expect should you decide to take on one yourself. Enjoy!

 This, my friends, is our beautiful mess. Let's hope those "afters" are worth it. 

Jenny

P.S. I promise there are prettier pictures coming up soon :) 

P. P. S. Happy St. Patrick's Day!! 

BNOTP, Coastal Charm, Sugar Bee Crafts, Shabby Creek Cottage

3 comments:

  1. I actually like seeing these photos. This way when I DO try it myself I'm not disappointed that mine isn't instantly done perfectly. It's good to know there's actual work that goes into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless you! I'm sure the end result will make all this a distant memory! Good luck with your renovations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to following along as you transform your home. The kitchen looks like it will be beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)