Friday, March 8, 2013

Charcoal Grey Interior Doors

 I mentioned in some previous posts about the new house that we are painting almost all of the interior doors with Benjamin' Moore's Iron Mountain, a nice charcoal-grey colour. I toyed with the idea of doing a stark black but decided against it (though I love the look in other spaces, I thought it would be a different effect than what I'm going for). 

I thought I'd give you a preview of how they look (I will eventually take proper photos with good lighting when the rest of the room is a bit more pulled together, but this is just a quickie post to  give you a sense of where we're going).
Behold, the bathroom door, refreshed with a new coat of paint:
The colour is perfect and totally upgrades the doors. It is the door version of putting on eyeliner. Here is a swatch of the colour from the Benjamin Moore site:
We have 5 doors done, plus two closet doors, and have 6 doors to go. 

The doors on the upper floor -- i.e. Ben's room and the nursery -- will be white. For now. One day I may do them in a fun colour. All other doors are going grey and I'm really psyched about. I'm all about the details. 

Lots happening at the house, but still a HUGE to-do list. It feels like we may never move in. That said, I think I may head over, clean out all the drawers, and unpack some of the kitchen this weekend. Maybe then it will feel like we might really move in one day!

Jenny

P.S. I totally just realized as I was writing up this post how great the doors will look with our new (old) slipcovered sofa in the home office, which you can see here. Yay for happy design accidents!

P. P. S. Wondering why I'm holding off on taking proper "after" pics of the doors?
Let me give you a glimpse of how things are around the house right now.
Toilet next to the front door? Yes. Hence not taking a good "we finished the door" pic. Ha.
And if you like that, perhaps you'll like our current tub placement. Perhaps I don't need to find a coffee table after all?
Just keeping it real. Happy Friday!
xo

Coastal Charm & BNOTP & Sugar Bee Crafts & ETBKS & Beyond the Picket Fence
French Country Cottage & Silver Pennies & Love Grows Wild & Thrifty Decor Chick

9 comments:

  1. I love this color, Jenny. I like your trend-setter mindset with the bathtub coffee table. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doors look amazing :) I've been wanting to paint some of our doors dark too but I can't decide if I want to do black, dark grey, or a dark navy. Great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming by to let you know that you made it into the top five at Nifty Thrifty Tuesday. Thank you for sharing at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a good "in the middle of a project" post. But, the doors look great and I can't wait to watch as the space unfolds. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know you are really remodeling vs just sprucing up when bathroom fixtures are in the entry and kitchen :) Those gray doors are so yummy. Do you have a completion / move-in date yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this color! It's a perfect choice and makes the doors look great. Love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great color and unexpected for doors. I love it! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such a great blog... I am impressed with you taking time to post a nice info.
    Replacement French Doors
    Windows And Doors Phoenix
    Modern Entry Doors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)