Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hi friends!

Hi friends!

Whew, it has been a while. More than a while.

Let me take a moment to catch up. School got crazy for a while. So crazy, in fact, that I have now decided to take an official break from school. I feel better already. Plus, I'll finally have time to blog again!

Matt also had a very busy time at school but has successfully completed law school and is now all ready to start his new job. Big changes, but good ones. 
Benjamin has two teeth and tons of energy. He is the sweetest little man. He is starting to talk more (ma ma, da da, ba ba) and can stand on his own for a few seconds, though he has yet to take any steps. Hard to believe he'll be one in less than a month! Somehow, to me, he just keeps getting cuter. And funnier -- what a little sense of humour.
As usual, we've also been finding lots of  reasons to celebrate and have had a couple of great parties. Many, many more are in the near future -- with a sister and a few of our best friends getting married this summer, and our first nephew on the way, there are lots of showers and parties happening. I'll be sure to share 'em all with you here. There were also some tough moments and times over the last little while, but those have made the celebrations large and small all the more important. 

Let me think of what else I can tell you about. Oh, and the nursery! Christine (my big sis) and I just began her nursery yesterday. There are so many fun things happening in there, I can't wait to document them here. I've got a bedroom redo near completion too. And a few other mini room makeovers. Lots of changes at my own condo too -- but not necessarily beautification, more baby-induced changes. I'll give you all the details of course. We also have some plans in mind for how we'd like to refresh our space with a range of projects. Suddenly, with a baby who can really move around, it feels quite tiny and cluttered. We need to do something to fall back in love with it because lately being at home is not at all relaxing. (And, to be honest, we've been checking out other homes... but are not sure we are ready or able to make big decisions any time soon). 
Anyway, there is more to catch up on, but today I just really wanted to say hi. And that I missed you. A lot.

Jenny xo


7 comments:

  1. Happy things have calmed down for you a bit. Benjamin is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer sounds just as crazy ours. So many babies and weddings! Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good and exciting changes! Benjamin is getting so big and is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you, Jenny. I was waiting for you to come out from under that pile of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back babe! Can't wait to read all your blog posts in the near future - I'll make sure to take Benny off your hands so you can get a little time in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of a sudden today my reader filled with 3 posts from Simcoe Street ... so I've read from latest to this post and now am up on things :) Many congrats to Matt, so exciting about Ben's 1st b-day, and sounds like you've already loaded your schedule, so no bon-bon eating, easy time break for you! So nice to have you back and posting again Jenny. And yes, Benny does get cuter with each pic posted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)