Sunday, March 18, 2012

Very Inexpensive Art (on sale!) - My Picks

I was doing some imaginary online shopping for an imaginary house with lots of space (sometimes- okay, often- living with a husband and a very active little boy in 1000 square feet smack dab in the middle of the city makes these daydreams happen, even if you love your 1000 square feet...it just has a way of shrinking by the end of the day). Anyway, I came across some art posters that I thought were really fun and absolutely amazing prices from allposters.ca. I thought I'd take a moment to share a few picks here in case you're in the market for something to pretty up your walls. I'm not, so I bought nothing, but it is fun to look. Let me know if you buy anything! 

(Note: Some of the pieces have a large white border -- which comes across as odd blank space on the blog. Sorry about that!). 

Oh, and allposters.ca did not pay me --- I assure you, they have no idea who I am. I just like to pass along great finds and deals when I come across them. 

1) Isn't this Chicago print fantastic? Matt and I have visited there twice and love that city. It is one of the few places outside Toronto I'd gladly live if it weren't for all the family I have here. Originally $18.99, it is now on for $3.99. Get it right here.

2) Matt and I also have a huge soft spot for Santa Monica, and LA in general. We lived there for a while (in Los Feliz). This one is $8.99, available here.
3) Lest you think this is just going to be vintage travel posters for places Matt and I like, rest assured there's tons of variety in the clearance section. I absolutely love this Miro print for a boy's room, a play room, or kids' bathroom (though it obviously works in a grown up space too!). Originally $56,99, now $27.99, right here.
4) I'm also oddly intrigued by this print of 18th Century Asian Rabbits. I could see this going in a play room in the same gallery wall as the Miro print above. Or not. Maybe instead I'd hang 'em one on top of the other in a powder room. I don't know. All I know is it's a cool pair or images and only $3.99 for the pair (originally $21.99) available here.
5) I also love architectural photographs, especially NYC ones since I lived there for so long. This one happens to be of Matt's favourite building, and is only $8.99, here, for a 40x50cm.
6) Don't you just love this Old Macdonald's Farm poster for a kid's space? This poster is huge (76x61 cm) and on sale for $31.99, originally $81.99, right here
7) Maybe you'd want the above poster if your little girl loves farm animals. Or maybe she'd want these for her bedroom: four wooden pig signs. Distressed and lovely at $99 for 4 (originally $199). Here.
And finally, I love this Mandarin Garden print by Kate Birch. The colours could inspire a whole room. $16.99, right here.

Jenny xo

2 comments:

  1. These are great deals ... Thank you for passing them on. It's amazing how a piece of art can brighten up a space... I especially like your first two picks. Love all that color!
    Blessings!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is an awesome referral. Going shopping, will check back with my purchases. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)