Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Savannah's Bedroom - the Before

Savannah will be turning 14 in a few months, and wants to say goodbye to her little girl pink bedroom. She is also recovering from a serious case of Bieber Fever, and wants to reduce the number of posters she has dedicated to the pop star (though is not ready to eliminate them entirely). 
Her "wants" for her new room are to have it feel more grown up and to incorporate her favourite colours - green, blue, and turquoise. Savannah also has a hard time staying neat and organized (this is her room on a "good day") so having an organizational system in place that helps make it easy for her to keep her room looking nice and tidy is a must. 
Since she loves to express herself by posting images she's torn out of magazines, I'm also planning to create some sort of huge bulletin board for her that will make it easy to change it up, keep it feeling more contained, and prevent constant wall damage from too much tape.

Click "Read More" for more photos and details.

The budget for this space is tight, but fortunately there is an existing bedroom set that is a little more grown up that she can use in here (her furniture is soon to become nursery furniture for someone new!). Anyway, today I thought I'd share the before pictures with a promise to keep you posted as this room transforms. 
The room has amazing bones and Savannah has a clear sense of personal style, so this one will be really fun to put together. Stay tuned!

Jenny xo

9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I'm having flash backs to the Backstreet Boys "wall paper" I had going on in my bedroom back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your great ideas for Savannah's space. Just curious, has anyone counted how many Bieber pics she has on the walls? I wonder if she had to pick her 3 most fav pics, how long would that take? Yeah, those were fun days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I can't believe she's turning 14! And I can't believe she is willing to part with some of her posters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had John Travolta wallpaper in my room! Haha!~

    Can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, she sure does love pink and Justin B.! I can't wait to see what you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are undertaking quite the task.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodbye Justin! How fun that you have preserved the room in memories as you move on to something "more mature" that she wants. I surprised my oldest with a new room when she turned 16 and it was so much fun to see her reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny. I tagged you in 11 questions. The details are on my blog today. Go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I can't wait to see the afters. Thankfully I never really covered my bedroom walls with any pop stars or actors. I did have a crush on New Kids on the Block but I kept to mainly just giant posters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)