Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Home Organization Ideas Using Repurposed Items

Hi everyone,

I am sorry I haven't been able to post this week -- we are out of town and my pre-scheduled posting didn't work out as I'd planned. In fact, they've pulled a disappearing act. Ugh. 

Since I don't have access to my photos and whatnot, instead I thought I'd go with what I've been doing at home lately - organizing, like here and here and here - and share some more organizing ideas from other brilliant minds. 

I love this idea for all those tiny officey things in a small space. I have only two small drawers for all our school and home office supplies, and just might try this. Repurposed, clearly labeled Altoids tins. Love it!
Pinned here, originally here.

More ways to organized drawers? Use things that have lots of compartments for all your small things. Like ice cube trays...
Pinned here, originally here
Or perhaps an egg carton.
Pinned here, originally here.
Another great thing to repurpose? Baby wipes boxes. We have one holding grocery bags under our sink. But check this out -- here, they hold games so that they stack neatly and look cute. 
 Pinned here, originally here.
Storing games in pretty recycled jars is a great idea, too, like this. It turns them into quirky decor.
Pinned here, originally here
I also love the idea of using these cheapie Ikea plastic bag holders as gift wrap holders. 
Pinned here, originally here.
And if you do set up a gift wrap area like this, consider something like this for organizing beautiful ribbons, too. These hangers are, in my opinion, annoying for pants but often come in the big mulit-packs of hangers. I have used ours for organizing seasonal table linens, but love this idea way more. One of those travel jewelry organizers is next to it for your tags and embellishments. Cute. 
Pinned here, originally here.
I also like this use of magnets, tin cans, and a cookie sheet. The labels are great as well.
Pinned here, originally here
Little projects can make a huge impact, too. Like this wise re-use of bread tags for easy cord identification:
Pinned here, originally here.
And lastly, pantry storage. Isn't this a cute way to repurpose those 12 packs of pop cans to keep your canned goods organized and easy to access?
Pinned here, originally here.

Okay, I'm off but will be back soon to share some pics of what we're up to (they will probably be food or drink related -- are your vacations also like that?). In the mean time, I'd love to hear from you!

Jenny xo

12 comments:

  1. Good morning, Jenny! Wow...this morning I woke up intent on getting some cleaning and organizing done in my studio/office, and then I see this post! The bread tag cord organizing idea can be put to immediate use!!! There is such a jumble of cords going on behind my desk, and I have NO idea what goes to what unless I unplug it and hear it die. I LOVE the pants hanger idea for ribbon, too! I currently have it organized on pegboards with long hooks in the downstairs storage, but with this idea I can bring some of the ribbons I use most often upstairs to my studio closet! Hooray! I don't think I've ever seen one of these hangers anywhere, but I'll be on the look out now. I hope you and your family are enjoying your vacation time! It's good to be able to get away and just eat, drink, and be merry! Thanks for stopping by my place this morning, too. It's always so nice to hear from you! Take care, travel safe, and we'll see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your post on Success U and this is my first time to your site. I love these ideas and will be using some of them. I just started following you on Linky and Google friends and would love it if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny,
    Great ideas..but my favorite is the ribbon holder, I love that! very creative!
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these! They're different than anything I've seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super great ideas! Gotta try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey pretty girl from Simcoe St., how are you, how was your Valentine's, I'm sure wonderful! I'm loving all this great organizers...who knew! I specially love the ribbon holder and I have some I can try to do this. Lots of hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those posts where I look at some of those ideas and think, "Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?!" Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, this is an amazing post. Each idea more brilliant than the next. Saving every idea for my to do list!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is where I swat myself on the head and ask "why didn't I think of that?" So easy, so cheap, so perfect! Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some of the best repurposing ideas I've seen in a long time! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas - love the game totes! I would love for you to stop by my Creative Inspirations party to link up your project! I would love to have you there! The party is happening NOW!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what fantastic ideas! thanks for sharing! :) lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)