Thursday, February 9, 2012

A 60th Birthday Party!

My Aunt Monica is one of the most caring, fun people I've ever known. She lives in Switzerland, but I still see her at least once a year for a few weeks when she visits. She isn't technically my aunt, but might as well be. In December, she turned 60 and we threw a great big party to celebrate at my parents' house. Today I thought I'd (finally) share some of the photos from it with you. Enjoy!

As I mentioned, it was right before Christmas. Hence the mantel decor...
But we tried not to make the party feel too Christmas-y, so we had tons of 60th decorations. I didn't get a picture of them, but we had lots of poster-sized pics of Monica as a child, teenager, and young woman printed up at Staples and mounted around the room. I am so mad at myself that there are no photos of this to show you... But FYI, printing huge pics at Staples is super cheap and would be a great way to DIY some large-scale images for your home (or party!). Okay, more party pics:
And here is me with the birthday girl. xo
Had any fun parties lately? Tell me about them!
Jenny

Oh, and here are some other parties we've had in my parents' basement:

Linking up to great parties here. 

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun party! You look beautiful as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to her! Your family seems to always throw the most fun, glamorous parties. That cake! Those snacks! So elegant and tasty-looking. What a fun family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party and you're all so beautifully dressed up, I love it!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - what a fabulous spread! Looks like a great party!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from I Heart Nap Time's Sundae Scoop :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very fun party! It looks like you had a ton of delicious food there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I would love for you stop by and link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, such a great party! The food looks yummy and everybody looks so happy, elegant and pretty, specially you! Thanks for sharing. HAPPY VALENTINE'S!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SUPER cute Jen. I adore it.. LOVE... Would LOVE if you could please link it up via my Pin'Inspirational Thursday's linky party happening now pweeease.. ? So beautiful.. http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com/2012/02/pininspirational-thursday-21-linky.html I would sincerely appreciate it.. : )) ps: totally following ya via Linky followers : )) Would love if you could join mine as well.. I also have a free blog review happening if you are interested ~ http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com/2012/02/blog-loving-better-blogging-series-1.html .. Wishing you an amazing evening.. Happy rest of the week.. ~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice thing to do for someone you feel so close to. Your food looks delicious. What a wonderful memory you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good time was had by all.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love a good party-I'm your newest linky follower-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh WOW, the food looks great and everyone looks so happy! Great Job. I do have a question to one of the pictures, are those deviled eggs? They look fantastic. Oh and the veggie tray display? I think I am going to have to steal that idea!

    Have a great day and if you have time, please stop by my blog, for NEW Recipes Sunday and share a new recipe that you have tried out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Jenny! Long time no see. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! This is a beautiful party for your "Aunt"!!! (I have a couple of those, too!) The food is bountiful and gorgeous, the set up is perfect...there's no way someone could not have had a good time!!! That cake is smashing!!! Love the agapanthus & pom pom mum arrangement, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny...you certainly don't throw anything that resembles a SMALL get-together, do you! Your party looks magnificent and like lots of fun. I'm sure the guest of honor was thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)