Thursday, December 1, 2011

Toronto's One of a Kind Craft Show and Christmas China Cabinet Decorations

Well, I managed to do a few things on my to-do list - but most of them are boring, like laundry and sorting out papers. I did order Christmas cards online (more on that when they arrive, which should be soon) and decorate a few things around here, but since we don't have a tree or anything yet it is far from Christmas-ready. 

The other thing we got up to this week was visiting Toronto's One of a Kind Craft Show. It was pretty amazing. Benjamin and I went with my Mom and mother-in-law (who are very good friends, which is extra fun). We bought a few things - some are gifts, but a few I can tell you about. 

Here's a peek at what they had at the massive show -- though I sadly only snapped a few pics.
I so wanted to buy one of these modern paintings of Venice. Matt and I spent part of our honeymoon there. Sadly, out of our current budget...
 And I got a card from this vendor, who had the coolest renditions of Lego people. One day, when Ben is bigger, these may find a home in his room. 
 There were some cool metal-work pieces too. This desk was my fave. 
 And I love love loved this painting of blue Ball jars. 
 Jewellery of all styles and price ranges abounded. I didn't photograph any really except this booth, which I thought was such a great way of displaying jewellery that could be totally replicated if one had a dressing room or giant walk in closet. Of course, living in 1000 square feet in the city, I have no such space... But maybe you do and will want to use this idea?
 More metal furniture
 And the wooden toys and games. These were my favourite. Some came home with us. The prices were so reasonable -- the man who makes them told us he strives to make his items as close in price to the cardboard versions as he can. Amazing. 
 More random shots of booths and whatnot
 And here is my favourite purchase -- a cute little stocking for Benjamin's first Christmas. I'll share better photos of it soon so you can see the details, but here's a quick peek.
 Here it is hanging with our stockings on the fireplace. I do wish Matt and my stockings were just ivory, but replacing them is pretty well the bottom of the list of things I want to spend money on.
Notice all the colour that's been added to the china cabinet. More on that to come very soon, but here's a sneak peek...
What have you been up to lately?

Also, any great sleep tips for a baby who is nearly 6 months old and nowhere near sleeping through the night. Was your little one like this? I am okay with it, but people ask us all the time (and I mean all.the.time.) if he is sleeping through the night yet and it is making me wonder if we could be doing more to help him stay asleep a little longer. If you have a brilliant idea about this, or can commiserate, let me know!

Not that I mind being up with him too much. He is the sweetest. Here he is at the craft show taking it all in!
Jenny xo

5 comments:

  1. I love it all, and agree that desk is gorgeous.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I hope to get to that Craft Show... as an exhibitor.

    I had three children, each was different, the first slept through the night at about 2 months, the third just over 3 years (YEARS!)

    Just enjoy him, no matter what, he will be in high school before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady.
    Long time no see you. I love ever thing,
    The desk is Gorgeous!!! I love going to craft shows also.
    I hope you come see me some time, hope you have a great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun craft show.
    I agree with what Julie said, all children are different, just enjoy your time with your beautiful baby. And don't let anybody make you feel like your child is not doing something quite soon enough. They are all different, especially at that age.
    I had two. One slept through the night at 3 months, the other at 7 years!
    Have a lovely evening,
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great craft show!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)