Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Real Life House Tour: Stefania & Ben's Vintage Chic Toronto Home

Stefania and Ben are some of our most favourite people in the whole world. You saw a glimpse of them here, when I showed you the antique market we went to with them. Today, you get to take a peek around their whole home! Their place is full of treasures that they've collected together and is always a warm, relaxing place to hang out. Come on in!
 I'll kick off the tour in the kitchen...
This lovely chair belonged to Stefania's grandfather.
I love this side of the kitchen. It is so inviting. 
I think they've done a beautiful job of mixing antiques & vintage finds into the sleek, modern kitchen. 
And check out their awesome back stairway/storage/laundry area off the kitchen.
On to the living room. This is the room that greets you when you enter their apartment. 
The light fixture was a recent purchase, a beautiful amber yellow antique glass fixture.
 (In the pic above, you can see Ben with my baby Ben. For some reason, I have no better photos of the beautiful couch). 
 I love the exposed brick. LOVE it. 
 And you might have noticed the big brass walnut on the table above. It is actually a nutcracker. Stefania bought it here. Isn't it awesome?
And up next, the amazing bathroom. The grey tiles are so well done, and I love how bright the in-shower lighting is. This would be a great place to get ready in the morning...
Across from the bathroom in the hallway is this amazing antique trunk/box thing, where they store their extra TP. Talk about beautiful storage...
And finally, the serene bedroom. I love the grand scale of the headboard.
 Another great dresser with original hardware:
 More beautiful storage and display
 And my favourite thing in the whole apartment, these gorgeous antique bedside table lamps. Stefania and Ben found them in an antique shop and updated them with new shades (I love that they went dark). Photos don't do them justice, but aren't these amazing statement pieces for the room?
SZ and Ben, thanks for letting me show off your casa today!! You guys are the best.
Isn't this an amazing home?

I'll be back soon with some more trip photos (you can see our visit to NYC, but may continue to be a bit absent from blogging as I'm getting lost in the pre-Christmas frenzy). 

Jenny


Linking to my fave parties here. You should too :)

22 comments:

  1. Great home - that bathroom is especially stunning and I love the antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the HBC blanket! Great place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right that was the cutest tour!Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your photos and the Hudson's Bay blanket also.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Holiday with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely home--those bedroom lamps are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful home! Love the bathroom! Merry Christmas!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a creative 2012

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cool and eclectic space
    this is

    it reminds me of some hip
    european loft or apartment

    especially the jars and brick
    in the kitchen

    love love!

    thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks so much for the tour and for sharing at shine on fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful house! Love the doorknobs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous home tour. The beauty definitely shows in the details and that first shot of the doorknob is FANTASTIC!

    I would absolutely love it if you would link this up at my FREE-FOR-ALL linky party going on right now!

    http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-3-50.html
    So looking forward to seeing you there!

    P.S. I'm a new follower. : )

    P.P.S. (: )) Every link counts as an entry into my Cutting Edge ($50) stencil giveaway!

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They have some really fun and cool old pieces!Thank you for joining TTF and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. home full of cool treasures. They must be so happy and cozy. Love the door knobs !

    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  14. FREAKING AWESOME place you have there, Simcoe Street!!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the brick wall in the kitchen area!

    (errr....well, all of the place actually)

    Visiting from Nifty Thrifty Tue Party 98 at Linda's Coastal Charm,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, what a fabulous house and their furnishings are beautiful. I love it all. Thanks so much for joining TTT Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool space! That huge pic of Neil Young is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm glad they were willing to show it off. I LOVE their kitchen AND their trunk - so jealous!

    Thanks for sharing this on the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey fellow Canadian!!! I love this space, the bathroom tiling is just gorgeous and the mis of old and new is just perfect!!!!
    http://imprintalish.blogspot.com/2012/01/love-felt-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this space. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)