Saturday, December 10, 2011

NYC's Holiday Decorations

Showing Benjamin around NYC for the first time was really fun, even though he is not quite six months old. NYC will always be one of my great loves, and I'm lucky to have spent so many happy years living there. Ben may not have understood where he was, but one thing he totally loved was the lights. At any time of year, NYC has more lights than a lot of places - and my little man loves to look at lights. But at this time of year, on every corner, there was something extra to make him laugh and squeal with delight.
The tough part about the trip was being away from Matt. My Mom and I went together while Matt was busy busy here in Toronto. We were gone 5 days, and during that time Benjamin seemed to change a lot. For one, he started sitting! He also started reaching to people he wants to go to, or if he wants to be picked up. My little baby is getting so big. Here he is sitting all alone (sorry, it is a poor quality iphone pic so I could send it to his daddy):
Today I am still busy unpacking while simultaneously repacking, as we are heading up North to see Matt's grandparents and extended family for an overnight Christmas celebration. So, while I'm still sorting through many, many trip and other project photos and catching up on replying to comments and whatnot, I thought I'd just share a few snippets from NYC, focusing mainly on the holiday fun Benny loved so much, with a promise that more is to come.

Happy Weekend and enjoy the photos!

Jenny 
xo

7 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. I am on my way to New York City tomorrow for a few days myself..There really is nothing like it..especially at christmastime. Where is that big tree you have pictured..it must be somewhere I have not been as I dont recognize it. Look forward to more pictures from your trip. Cheers Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a wedding going on there? SO festive. Thanks for this personal tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to NYC and these photos make me want to go asap! Beautiful.
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you lucky! I'd love to be in NYC for the holidays, my home town, never more beautiful than Christmas time! Can't wait to see the tree and more pics from your trip! Hope you get to go to see the Rockets too!
    Merry Christmas. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty and festive! Love it! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, I so badly want to go to New York some day.

    Your little guy is the cutest thing ever. He is adorable! And very clever for learning to sit up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)