Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Tree Shopping

Hello everyone,
Hope you are all enjoying this magical season and loving the decorations, time with family and friends, and all the other goodness that goes along with it. I have been loving it - so much so that I have not had a moment to sit at my computer and blog. Sorry for the disappearing act. 

Today, I thought I'd show you a little more from my trip (you can see some NYC photos here and here). Specifically, I thought I'd share some photos from our visit to a grocery store by my cousins' house in Connecticut. That might sounds strange, but since we were buying a Christmas tree it actually isn't so odd... (By the way, cannot wait to show you our first tree!)

I loved the tips they offered for tree-purchasers, like this:


There were lots of trees indeed.
While Matt and I would have gone with the strongest branches (i.e. fraser fir) if we'd been out to buy, my cousins' opted for the most fragrant tree. The balsams do smell exactly like Christmas. 
They also had this kind of handy info for you:
Luckily, you could buy any sort of light you might want right there, along with ornaments and all the other trimmings. I mean, check it out - this place was amazing:
Here is my cousin and her tree purchase:
Benny wasn't loving browsing the trees...
He was, however, pretty pleased to get inside and meet the big guy:
Have you ever been to Stu Leonards? Got any tree-buying tips?

Jenny xo

4 comments:

  1. Look at those sockies too cute!Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what an awesome looking tree farm! I have never been to one that had ornaments and lights for sale also. Looks like such a fun place to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat place, Jenny! And Benjamin looked darling in those shots with Santa. Did you all have a good Christmas? I certainly hope so! :-)

    My computer is finally working again, and I am trying to play catchup with blogging. Just had to come by and wish you a very Happy 2012!

    All the best, my friend...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)