Monday, November 28, 2011

Nursery Design Board (Eclectic Aqua & Pink Baby Girl's Room)

After being totally absent and absorbed in things non-blog-related, I thought I'd take some time today to visit some of my favourite blogs and play a little catch up. The rest of my to-do list can wait a few hours. I hope all of the Americans had a lovely holiday, and that fellow Torontonians are enjoying this insanely beautiful weather. I plan to spend the afternoon roaming around with Benjamin and my Mom to take advantage of this unseasonably pleasant temperature (I am sorry if the weather is not so great by you. My Dad got back from a golf trip to Dallas -- where he also caught the Leafs game -- and said it was colder there than Toronto. Wow). 

I also thought I'd share a little design board for a pretty baby girl's room. The design is in process, but here is where it is at currently.
Here's a closer look at some of the potential details for this space:

The chandelier (from Poshtots) is very sweet, but perhaps too baby-ish to grow up long-term into a toddler, child, and teenage girl's room. Thus, a less pink option may be the way to go. 

And, not pictured, plates that look very similar to these but are a little different in terms of image and colour (the ones pictured below are from West Elm) will be framed in white shadowbox frames (Ikea Ribba) that match the rest of the frames for the art. They will be hung in one vertical line on a tall expanse of wall next to the door in the nursery.
Ok, back to catching up on blogs. 

Jenny xo

24 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the amount of blue for a little girls room. It stops it from being too conventional and makes it really unexpected (in a good way :-).
    Kristine
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there something wrong with me that I'm so drawn to kid's furniture/accessories for myself??? I LOVE that pink chandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jenny! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous!!! I love the colors you put together.

    Thanks for linking up to Take it on Tuesday!! I really appreciate you doing it each week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love that color combo! The alphabet print is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After creeping your blog for quite some time I'm finally a follower!
    I love the baby girls room design, its stunning.
    xo-b

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this design board. It is my absolute favorite color combination. Any baby would be lucky to have that nursery. Thank you so much for sharing it at DIYbyDesign. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty - LOVE it! I just came across your blog. Very nice! I'm following you, but I'd like to subscribe by email as well. I'm not seeing an option for that. . . How can I go about subscribing by email?
    Thanks!
    Crystal
    http://www.SoooBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, what baby girl wouldnt sleep like an angel in such a pretty room. Love it, love your blog, I couldn't help but become a new inspired follower.
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be really pretty! I love that alphabet print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the sweet comments, they mean a lot to me!

    Crystal -- no email version of Simcoe Street yet, but it is on a list of things I'm considering for the new year.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, then you're bookmarked on my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, Jenny. Isn't it fun making up story boards? ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love that you used blue for a girl's room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This room is darling and you used one of my favorite color combos. My favorite pieces are the rug and the white side table. Sophisticated, but still fun enough for a nursery. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this board! Great colors! The different shades of turquoise add the bit of interest. My monthly link party is on Dec 6th and would love for you to join up! Tuesday's Nursery is for all ages of kids decor - I hope you can make it. Have a great weekend! Nan

    PlayfulDecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some wonderful inspiration there! Hope you're still enjoying the good weather!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've been featured!

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-features-from-11302011-winner.html

    Thanks for joining my Thursday Party!

    Be Blessed,
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty--love these colors and all your element choices are fabulous! Thanks so much for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. COngrats! I love what you have planned so far!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm featuring this pretty nursery at my party tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)