Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mini House Tour: Stacy from Conspicuous Style (Guest Post)

Today I have a very special guest poster -- Stacy from Conspicuous Style. I totally adore Stacy's blog and her impeccable style, and am thrilled she is sharing her home here today. I hope you'll love it too! Ok, enough from me -- here's Stacy:

First, thank you so much for having me, Jenny!  It's an honor to be here.  I love your blog, and remember the first time I visited your home tour, because I was struck by your obvious love of chandeliers - a love that I share.  The two rooms that I am sharing here today from my own home focus heavily on the lighting, especially the chandeliers.

First, my family room.  When we first moved in, I bought the four chairs and table, and they sat, and sat, and sat.  I loved the arrangement, but was never really happy with the colors. Truth be told, I'd still change the chair color.  But, I've finally found a rug and curtains that I like:


My favorite thing about the room is definitely the chandelier.  I also recently painted the ceiling blue, which you can see a little here:


I also spent countless hours on the bookcases. Isn't it weird how they always can use tweaking, no matter how stylized they are?  I added the black to the back of the bookcases when the rug came -- it is just black scrapbook paper, but it is so dark that you really can't tell that it is not paint:
































Here is a final view, from the other entry to the room:































I guess I definitely have a thing for blue, black and white.  I just renovated my bedroom in the same colors!  Here is the bedroom before, the way we had it for the first 8 years that we lived here:


I wanted to freshen it up a bit, and ended up with this:



The chandeliers when you are coming in are from Overstock.  The bed and end tables (really they are console tables) are from Amazon, and the Rug is Surya.




The curtains are ones I bought at Target for $16.99 and embellished with the black trim.  The lamps and mirror over the bed are from Home Goods, and the bench at the foot of the bed is from Horchow.  The walls are Sherwin Williams Sleepy Blue.

























 I hope you enjoyed this little tour, and want to thank Jenny again for letting me be here today!


Stacy

Jenny here again - Isn't Stacy's home amazing? I love love love love it! Stacy, thank you for sharing it with us today. Now, pop on over to Stacy's blog to see more and say hello!

Jenny xo

7 comments:

  1. Amazing is so right on. I'm ready to move in, gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's beautiful! I love those bookcases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just met Stacy and her blog yesterday and I've seen how Stacy has that special touch to decorate her home beautifully!! But I've got to say: I am in loooove with your SUPERCUTE kitchen! It would definitely be one where I can see myself cooking... :-) And that nursery of yours is so wonderful!
    So happy to have met you, I'll follow your blog too, it's great!!
    Love, Inge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I'm so sorry to be commenting so late, but please know that I am so honored to be here today. Thank you so much, and happy thanksgiving!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,

    Stacy has a beautiful style. I love her attention to detail! I'm off to see more.

    Dee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your home again Stacy and what was new to me was that you didn't paint your bookshelves but that you used black paper??!!! Clever. I might have to email you about the one! :) Jen - it was fun to discover your blog via Stacy - I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not into all the black and white decor I'm seeing around BUT with those blue chairs, that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)