Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Distillery Wedding Reception Decor (Or, The Prettiest Wedding Ever)

Today's post is a little random in terms of timing. I had originally planned to show you guys the fun stuff I got up to for my birthday over the weekend, but the photos remain unedited right now and I've got a to-do list a mile long, so it will have to wait. So today, I'm going to (finally!) tell you about my sister's wedding. If you recall, you saw the fun bridal shower we threw for her here (and if you missed it, check it out!). 
In March, my older sister Christine married my awesome brother-in-law Andrei. It was the most beautiful wedding ever. Seriously, prepare to be blown away (or I'm biased, because it is my sister and all). I was so thrilled to help Christine plan from start to finish and had so much fun with her while doing so (me being crazy obsessed with weddings/details/flowers/tablesettings/etc. and her being happy to have someone else make the decisions). My Mom and I did a lot of it together and it came out spectacularly well. There is so much I've wanted to share from it. So, I'm breaking it down and starting with the reception decor (food, the cake, dresses, ceremony -- all that good stuff will wait for another rainy (and by that, I mean insanely busy) day. 

Christine and Andrei had their reception in Toronto's distillery district at the Fermenting Cellar, a former whiskey distillery. It is a raw, lofty warehouse type space with tons of exposed piping, concrete galore, and tons of industrial charm. We decided to add in lots of sparkle, flowers and oodles of candles. We brought in everything -- even the chandeliers you see. I love the juxtaposition of super glamorous elements in the industrial space. Photos just don't do it justice, but I hope you like it too!
(always plan to use the bridesmaids' bouquets as head table decor. Don't they make it look so lush laying on the table?)
(Recognize those flutes from here? They've become a tradition amongst my sisters and I. Love it.)
Soon I'll share more from this insanely gorgeous, fun day (in my opinion, anyway). 
Been to any fun weddings lately? 

Jenny xo

I am linking up here and you should too!! 
Check out the list of parties


Want some more wedding fun to look at? Here's some past posts you might like:
Our Wedding Flowers
Our Wedding Cake
Ashley and Tim's Classic White Wedding
Krista and James' Red Wedding



Update: Don't miss out on this amazing throw pillow giveaway (until 11/26). Check it out here!

31 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS. I can't wait to see everything else from the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a gorgeous wedding. Love the venue paired with glittery wedding details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an awesome place to have a wedding--it has such an old world feel to it. Very beautiful with the lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backdrop of this wedding is to die for! BEAUTIFUL wedding! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right this is very beautiful...the setting in the old distillery has the ambience of an old castle. I'm sure everyone had a fabulous time...you and your mom did great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow! That is very impressive indeed! Amazing! Absolutely LOVING those chandeliers too!!!

    evie @ brown paper packages

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing space and the glamorous sparkling lights look so beautiful against the industrial backdrop! So dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful space for a wedding. Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Macaroni. What a GORGEOUS wedding! I am loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg the setting for this celebration is absolutely fabulous. i love the texture and sophistication and ambience!

    lovely!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Stop by and check out how I used my giveaway win from you!! :) Thanks so much lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my that wedding looks gorgeous! great pictures and the decor looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that wedding and the setting are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely FABULOUS wedding location and decor!! I'm impressed as always!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea very unique and pretty come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. That's spectacular ... love the contrasts! The bride and groom make a very nice couple. Great post! Enjoyed my visit (came by way of Time Travel Thursday). Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing! That monogram is so beautiful and so is your sister (love her dress!) Thanks for linking it up to Latest and Greatest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That wedding was gorgeous. Thanks for sharing pics with us. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

    http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-it-up-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That IS beautiful! I would love to get to have a reception in a neat place like that!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie this week! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, HECK yes this reception decor rocked!!!! Rocked like a hurricane! Wow!!! Beautiful!!! I just love it when people are not afraid to use lots of bling. It's a wedding, for heaven's sake! What other time (unless you're being coronated Queen) are you going to be able to indulge in that much bling?!??!!! Go for it, I say! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning. What a beautiful wedding reception. Everything looks amazing. Thanks for joining TTT and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - very stunning! LOVE it! The tall lights on the centerpieces add so much elegance and beauty!

    Thanks for linking up to Take it on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A really awesome moment. I love the reception area. So, rusty yet elegant and classy. I remember my garden wedding 23 yrs ago, in the old Hero cemetery in Paco Church in Manila, Philippines.

    You ladies, really done a great job.

    TY a mill for sharing the most prettiest moment of your sis life.

    Congrats to her & happy TTT,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! You are right...just gorgeous! How in the world did you get those chandeliers hung up in there? So many beautiful details...it looks like you got great photos to revel in your creativity and hard work for years to come. I saw your post over at "A STroll Thru Life".

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! You are right...just gorgeous! How in the world did you get those chandeliers hung up in there? So many beautiful details...it looks like you got great photos to revel in your creativity and hard work for years to come. I saw your post over at "A STroll Thru Life".

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, this is so beautiful! I love venue and all of the sparkling lights.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow that’s an awesome place for wedding I have ever seen. I wish I could find same location in Las Vegas Weddings venues. Look at the lightings, I just loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)