Friday, October 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Food & Decor Ideas

This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving, and we're off to my parents' cottage followed by Matt's parents' house on Sunday to celebrate... and, of course, to eat! In honour of this fun holiday, I'm sharing a few of my favourite ideas from around the blogosphere. If you have a Thanksgiving idea I didn't share, post a link to it in the comments so I can come check it out!

I love these Thanksgiving oreos. Almost too cute to eat. See the easy-looking how-to at Cute Bites
And here is another little candy turkey that is equally adorable, from Ashley at 7th House on the Left.
Kalie from The Pink Doodle made these adorable turkey m+m bags. These would be great at each place setting, or just on the kids' spots.
We couldn't go wrong with Martha's herbed mashed potatoes.
Or these maple roasted brussel sprouts from Blissfully Delicious. Brussel sprouts are my fave.
And I'd love this - butternut squash gratin with blue cheese and sage. Yum! Via MyRecipes.com.

Thanksgiving is also a fun holiday to decorate for.

I must must must use a pumpkin as a vase one day. Isn't this one from Country Living gorgeous? The sunflowers are perfect.
This looks like an easy DIY that you could make tons of variations of, courtesy of Choose To Thrive via Centsational Girl.
This sweet banner is from At Second Street, where you can find the free printable to make it yourself!

Decorations could also be as cheap and simple as a few mason jars with twine and candles. Isn't this lovely? I think a bigger grouping clustered on a table would make a huge impact. From Adelyn Stone.
Here's another easy DIY centrepiece that kiddies can help make too, from Parents.com.
I also love mini pumpkins. They look great here as placecards, via of Canadian House & Home. I like how these are painted white, like my own painted pumpkins.
Or mini pumpkins could serve as festive little candy dishes, via Family Circle.
And, again, as little tiny vases. Pumpkin vases are apparently all the rage. I'm seeing them everywhere! Gourd vases work too. (both via Canadian House & Home).
The feathers make this tablesetting really different, from La Dolfina. I'm crazy for that blue glassware mixed with the brown, too. Don't even get me started about the flatware...
And this tablesetting is just gorgeous, from Megan at Honey We're Home.
And the colours of the glass pieces really set the tone in HGTV's tablescape.
Our dinners, however, are typically not very fancy since it involves 25+ people at a cottage. Here's a snapshot of what it looked like last year...by the front door.
This year will be a huge dinner, so we keep it very low key. 
I'm excited to tell you about it when we get back!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!!

Jenny
xo

Linking to some of these great places, with a special shout out to Savvy Southern Style.

26 comments:

  1. Thank you for all this wonderful Thanksgiving inspiration. I love those cute little Oreo turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful array of great ideas...thanks for providing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great ideas! I am feeling very inspired to try some of these. I am sure the kids would love to help make those oreo turkeys! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What adorable goodies and fall decor. Thanks for gathering these together, Jenny!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture is hilarious. That's how our holidays are! It's hard to make things fancy when there's SO many people!

    I love all the pictures. Thanks for some inspiration!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! The brown and blue place setting idea is beyond goregous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your post, it has so many great looking decor ideas. Thanks for the shout out on my Brussels sprout post. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny,
    such wonderful images...I love the thanksgiving season...those first cookie turkeys remind me of my grandmother...she used to make them for my children when they were small...sweet memory!
    Have a great celebration!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the fun, creative Fall decorating ideas that you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm...I could go for a big BOWLFUL of that squash! Second on teh potatoes! Thank you for joining my blog and I am following you back! Happy Thanksgiving in Canada! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jenny!I've given you "The Versatile Blogger" award on my blog today! Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those turkeys are ADORABLE! I'd LOVE for you to come link up at www.thrifty101.blogspot.com for DIY Thrifty Thursday. These ideas are amazing! Hope to see you there.
    Michelle
    Thrifty 101

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Fall finds. I would love for you to share at my weekly linky, anything goes, come strut your stuff fri-monday.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. My grandgirls are going to love the oreo turkeys, thank you for the tutorial. Have a very wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving and may God bless you and yours.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha I love all the shoes!! looks like my house when we have a big group :)

    Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian bloggers...all the tablescapes you shared are wonderful.

    It is 100 degrees today in southern California...does not even feel like Fall yet...hopefully by the end of the month cooler weather is coming.

    Blesssings to you and your family

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all those ideas! I made those turkeys last year before I had a blog and they were a big hit! Love cute food!
    Lina
    Fancy Frugal Life

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the little turkeys. My kid's will love making these for Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing!
    Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable! So totally gonna make for the kids this year for Turkey Day...love the last picture with all the shoes...that's awesome. Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/10/you-rock-5.html. Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @ RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome ideas... I will for sure be using one or 2. :)

    Thank you!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the ideas! I told my Mom today I bet I get a lot of good holiday ideas from my new favorite hobby..blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there, Jenny! Man...those are some great ideas!!! SO MANY ideas, too!!! I had to go back through them a couple of times to drink it all in. Fabulous!!! Some of the drinkware and flatware was just too fab for words!!!!!!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice decor inspiration for Thanksgiving! I have pinned and posted several of these myself!

    Thank you for participation in Potpourri Friday. You have certainly made it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOTS of great ideas here! I need a pen and paper so I can jot some down! My favorites are the naturals... love the bright flowers in squash vases! And the mini pumpkins with marigolds are gorgeous.

    I agree, decorating for Thanksgiving and fall is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great round-up of ideas! Everything is very inspiring! Thanks for linking up @ Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! i love it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've been featured on Thrifty 101! Thanks for linking up, stop by and grab an "I was featured" button. Hope to see you again this week!
    Michelle
    www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)