Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Serene, Feminine Bedroom

Today I am sharing a design board that was created for someone wanting to create a calm, tranquil bedroom that was feminine without being overly girly. Here, an inexpensive headboard and artwork is mixed with high and lower end textiles to create a layered, comfortable space. The dresser and chandelier are versatile investment pieces that could work beautifully in many styles and types of rooms for many years to come. 

Click "Read More" to the bottom left to get a better look at items, prices, and links to sources.





Here are some key elements in this room. 
Click on the store name for a direct link to where you cam buy the product. 

Queen Headboard, West Elm, $449

Jewelry Box, West Elm, $79
Pewter Clock, Home Decorators, $34
Framed Art Print, "April In Paris," ZGallerie, $89
Antique Aviary Prints, ZGallerie, $119
Pillow, Target, $17.99
Pillows, DwellStudio Fabrics, Prices Vary.
Pillows, West Elm, $29-$34
Parker Point Chandelier, Lumens, Prices vary depending on options (and sales are frequent!)
The pedestal night table is one that was already owned, sprayed gloss black to match the frame of the Paris print. Similar to this table:
Wool Rug, Burke Decor, Prices vary depending on size
Mythic No VOC Paint, Vanilla Bean - Wall Colour
Floors - similar to Smoky Rustic Oak Planks by Modello, available here.

I absolutely love creating design or mood boards for people, and am now offering affordable design boards to Simcoe Street readers. This can be a great way to create a space you'll love, whether the design board is geared at freshening up a space, giving you a jump-start on how to pull together your room, a complete makeover, starting a space from scratch, or something in between. I will work within your budget to provide comprehensive design ideas and a complete shopping guide. I will also correspond as much as needed to help you put the space together. Please contact me or see the design services page at the top of my blog if you are interested. 

Jenny xo

Linking up here and so should you! 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colors and texture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love those aviary prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to learn about your new design board services!

    I know from my personal experience working with you that future clients will benefit greatly from your well honed design sense and keen eye for detail as well as enjoying a collaborative and free-flowing working relationship.

    Congrats!

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design board. My favorite is the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving it Jenny! After seeing this it just dawned on me what prints I need for a client's bedroom. The aviary prints will be perfect! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This room is so serene and beautiful. The color palette is perfect and I would take this room in a heartbeat! Have you participated in the Mood Board Monday challenge? If not, I've got a post on it and it's hosted by the blog Pewter+Sage. It's a fun mood board link party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing and linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this room! All of these elements would be amazing together!

    Mallory @ Classy Clutter

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so beautiful! I hope she loves it! Loving the April in Paris print of course! I noticed you have kids decor - I'd love for you to link up to my Tuesday's Nursery party today - its for any kids decor at any age, nursery - teen! Newest follower & I hope you can make it! Nan

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so perfect! That light fixture is my favorite detail but the whole thing is beautiful! Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning combination of beautiful things to achieve tranquility! I would just love it if you would link this post up to http://www.projectpossessed.com/2011/11/27/spaahhh-sundaze-yoga-for-digestion-part-2/ Your newest GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigma Solve LLC Company has a highly experienced and professional team of Volusion™ e-commerce site developers.The overall combined experience of our Volusion™ team developers stands to more then 15 years.
    Volusion
    USA
    Sigma Solve LLC
    909 NW 111 Ave, Plantation, Florida 33324 - Phone: 954-397-0800

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)