Thursday, October 20, 2011

Easy Dijon Roasted Potatoes (Weight Watchers)

Today I wanted to share with you a very quick, easy, and inexpensive way of preparing potatoes that is also based on a Weight Watchers recipe (adapted from said recipe as recited to me by my sister-in-law Heather). 
This is my kind of cooking because (a) it couldn't be easier, (b) requires ingredients you probably have on hand, (c) it is almost better if you make it ahead of time and (d) is delicious without making you feel guilty later.

 The other night we had friends over and we served this as part of the dinner. I made the potatoes the night before and reheated it for the dinner party.

Start by preheating your oven to about 400. I guessed at that number but it worked well. The cut up your potatoes (I used mini white ones) into bite-sized pieces (for me, this meant I quartered them). The size isn't so important, just ensure that your pieces are consistent in size so they'll cook evenly.

In a mixing bowl, give the following ingredients a good whisk:
Good extra virgin olive oil
Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper
And, if you'd like, paprika and/or thyme.

The recipe, I'm told, recommends equal parts olive oil to mustard. You want enough so that you can generously cover the potatoes with your mustardy mixture.
I used a lot more mustard than olive oil. I also opted to use three types of mustard just because I had them (lots of regular dijon, lots of creamy dijon, and a little honey dijon). I added in a pinch of paprika but skipped the thyme because I was out.
 In a mixing bowl (the same one if it is big enough, or a new one) mix and coat the potatoes in the mustardy mixture (that is officially what I'm calling it). 
Then spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet(s). 
Pop 'em in the oven on the middle rack.
Let them bake for a good 30 mins or so, removing them when they are a golden brown.
To serve them, sprinkle on a little more salt and pepper, and paprika for colour. Putting them in a pretty dish is optional but very  highly recommended.
I chose to serve them out of a soup tureen from Williams-Sonoma that we received as a wedding gift. 
Here's a closer look
The potatoes can be reheated later or eaten cold. Heather tells me she likes to put them on top of salads for her lunches at work. Making a big batch on a Sunday and eating throughout the week is a great way to save some time and always have a delicious side dish at the ready. 

Anyway, I really recommend trying these (or your own version of them). They are yummy!

Jenny xo


And remember -- there is an awesome giveaway going on for children's art from Galerie Anais. Pop over here to enter to win one of three prizes!!


18 comments:

  1. let's give this a 5 YUMMY in my TUMMY stars!!!! thanks for sharing!!!! can't wait to make these hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious, and I love that it's a WW recipe. Love that tureen, too. It's neat.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those look so delicious! I am definitely adding them to my must make list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy, don't forget i need your guest post by sunday. thanks girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These potatoes look and sound delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These potatoes look AMAZING! I would love for you to share with Blog Stalking Thursday at http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-stalking-thursday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so delicious! I just started WW a few weeks ago and will definitely be making these. Thanks for sharing!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm sounds so yummy. I'm going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe I bet this would be great on wings as well. Thanks for sharing and that dish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look yummy and guilt free if they are weight watchers!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this tasty sounding and looking receipe!

    Thank you for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday. I always appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look really delicious. Potatos and mustard - two of my fav things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo yummers! I'll have to try this! Hi from a fellow Canadian blogger eh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This recipe sounds delicious and I love that little pot you put the potatoes in. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Made them a few weeks ago and I saved the pin to make again today! They are delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)