Thursday, September 22, 2011

Red & White Wedding in Calgary

Last weekend, we traveled to Calgary, Alberta to celebrate as my cousin James married his beautiful bride Krista. I thought I'd show you a few of the pics I snapped on the big day. 

James and Krista married at a lovely golf course (that I forget the name of). It was a gorgeous day, perfect for their outdoor ceremony. After, we dined and danced and had a blast catching up with our relatives. 
Here's Matt, Ben and I waiting for the ceremony to begin. 
Check out Benjamin's sweater vest. Too cute. Here he is with his Aunt Shannon. (She is getting married soon, too! We just had her engagement party, which you can see here). 
Benjamin also wore teeny little cowboy boots. As they say, when in Rome...
Now, on to the reception.
 Loved their simple, modern, elegant wedding cake and quirky topper.
 And here's the room overall. The chair covers were especially lovely.
 
And, of course, I need to show you the bride and her dress. She was stunning in a bright, bold, red wedding gown. Krista said that she had originally ordered the dress in white but when her favourite aunt, who she was always very close with, died a few months before the wedding, she changed it to red. Her aunt was Chinese and had wished that Krista would wear red, and Krista decided that this was the perfect way to honour and remember her. 
 At the end of the night, Benjamin was in his pajamas and ready for sleep. My cousin Ally (who is only a few months different in age than me) also recently had a baby, little Arianna Vera. Since Ally and I were constantly dressed in matching outfits by our mothers, she decided to continue the tradition and brought these sweet little sleepers for the kiddos. How cute are they?! Ben is almost 7 weeks older (i.e. twice her age), but we think they are already best buds. 
 After the wedding, as we walked through our hotel lobby, I snapped a few quick photos of some furnishings that caught my eye. 
 The next day we hung out at my aunt and uncle's house, catching up with cousins. Little Benjamin was still a bit tired, but turned on the charm once we got there (here he is in the hotel room waiting for Matt and I to get ready). 
 I'll show you pictures of my cousins' horses one day soon. Though I'm not so into riding horses, I think they are stunning. And my godson Charlie rode for the first time and it was super adorable. Anyway, after a day of family time we went over to our friend's place for pizza and wine and a long overdue catch up. Sadly, I neglected to photograph his sweet apartment, but I did snap this picture of his view. Pretty, right? 
Been to any fun weddings lately? Ever visited Calgary? Tell me about it!

Thanks for visiting!
Jenny

18 comments:

  1. What a fun wedding, Little Benjamin is such a cutie and so is his little cousin...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    Thanks for visiting the Shabby Art Boutique and leaving a comment.

    What a lovely location for the wedding. Little Benjamin looked so cute too.
    Creative hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting me and introducing me to your blog, Jenny. I love your blog, so I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a gorgeous wedding. Your baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautuful! Your baby is darling! Those boots are adorable....keep those as a keep sake....Little Ben will laugh when he grows up and sees those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red is fantastic! What a pretty wedding. A beautiful location too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're super cute! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Kelli (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by and following! I am following you back! I have a new linky party up on my blog if you want to add any of your work! :) CUTE blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed all the things you chose to show us from your trip...the wedding attire and cake, the precious babies, the fab chair in the hotel...thanks for sharing!

    Thanks also for your visit to my blog and for your lovely comment.
    All my best to you,
    Carrie - Oak Rise Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great dress. I love red. The buckle on the cake is pretty awesome as well. What a fun wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved seeing the wedding, but I especially loved seeing the babies. Benjamin is darling as is his cousin, but so are his mother and father!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny, Catie from Catie's Corner. Thanks soo much for you lovely comment about my living room!

    First off, your son is adorable!! And great job on the white pumpkins. Your table looks gorgeous.

    That's soo cool you were recently in Calgary, it's where I live. One day I'd like to make it to TO! I hear it's lots of fun.

    Hope you have a great weekend! Please stop by for another visit soon. = )

    ~ Catie

    Oh, and I'm your newest follower! Your blog is great. I'm off to snoop around more. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a great wedding. I went to a wedding last weekend, too! It was a diy outdoor ceremony and it was tons of fun. Check it out, I posted part one with several posts to follow. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenny...

    Thank you for sharing your friend's special day with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week...it was such a treat!

    Wow...your friend's dress is gorgeous! Of course, red is my favorite color! Everything looked sooo beautiful...the reception, etc. I loved getting to see a photo of you, your husband, and little guy! He was sooo cute in his vest and boots! Great photos, Jenni! Many happy congrats to the new wedded couple!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cake is gorgeous! I haven't been to Calgary in quite some time, but will be there next month...unfortunately for work though. This year I have a new years wedding to attend in my own city (Saskatoon) and got a room at the hotel the reception is at - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful day -- loving that cake! Your little Ben is precious -- little boys get my attention these day since I found out grandbaby #1 (due in Jan.) is a boy! Enjoy your little man (he will be grown up before you even have a clue how that happened, lol).

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog!

    I just love that red wedding dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for this article very helpful. thanks.
    Homecoming Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)