Thursday, September 8, 2011

Inspiring Master Bedrooms

Our master bedroom is dying for a makeover. There is nothing really wrong with it, but nothing especially right with it either. Now that we're feeling more settled into life with baby Benjamin (you can see his room here) I'm starting to think about little, inexpensive fixes that could liven it up. Today, I'm sharing some rooms that I think are beautifully put together. Not all of them would work for me, but there are elements of each that I love. Enjoy!

There is so much that I adore about this amazing, stylish space. Read more about Stacy's master bedroom on her blog, Conspicuous Style.
Rambling Renovators of course made an unbelievable room. I love it so much: The little vases, the pillows, the curtains, the vintage photo and the light fixture - oh my! Sheer genius. Also love my fellow Canadian bloggers (though I have tons of love for my UK and US pals, too!)

There's LOTS more to see -- click read more...

Mai's bedroom is fresh and fun -- and, makes me wonder if I should move my bed in front of the window in our tiny bedroom....
I'm loving this room - especially the night tables and pretty orchids- from ABC Design.
The mirrors behind the sconces are genius in this space by Cindy at Forever Design. 
This bedroom was featured on Design Star way back. I'm so loving touches of navy right now. 
This room from Home Bunch is nice and cheery. It's too out there for me, but there is lots to admire about it. 
And this subdued colour palette is one I'm always drawn to. From Serenity in Design.
And this colour palette as well. I heart everything Kate does over at Centsational Girl.
 This one is a lovely monochromatic mix of fabrics. The bed looks sooo comfy and I love the touch of glam the mirrored nightstands add. Sadly, I forget the source... is it yours?
Ditto this one, from House of Turquoise.
This next one is via House Beautiful
And, finally, this is actually a guest room, from Triangle Honeymoon. Love that green fabric. These two have impeccable style.

And, to cap off the master bedroom inspiration post, here's a mood board I recently created for a bright and cheery master bedroom. Let me know what you think!

15 comments:

  1. Oh these are both so pretty but I especially like the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment on my living room post today!
    Your email account isn't attached to your profile for replying directly, so I headed on over to say thanks, and now I'm gonna poke around. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next room on my list, so thanks for the inspiration




    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The monochromatic room for which you had no credit belongs to Suzanne Kasler and it was featured on House of Turquoise Thursday, December 30, 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny,Thanks so much for the mention. I had no idea my room was featured on Design Star. Do you remember when?
    xoxo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops. I just realized you were referring to the next picture as being in Design Star. Sorry :)and congrats to THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to finish our living room so I can move on to our master bedroom. I pinned that top image. Loved the lighting and that they still have a ceiling fan. Sometimes it is comfort over looks. :0 Also loved the mirrors behind the sconces and that rug in image #3. Thanks for all the inspiration.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these are gorgeous!!

    do you have a Pinterest account?? I'd love to see more of your inspiration!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. All very nice!!! I see some new-to-me ones there as well, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would happily live in any one of these rooms--all beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gorgeous inspirations! I have seen a couple of them around the blogs and they are stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-6.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)