Tuesday, September 27, 2011

House Tour: Details at Mom & Dad's

One day, I will probably give you the full tour of my parents' home. You've seen bits of it (like the basement, here and here for parties, and the jungle playroom here). But today, totally inspired by this post at Triangle Honeymoon, I opted to show you just some details that I snapped when we were hanging out there over the weekend. The details are always the best part. 

When we were little, we were always given $10 and allowed to do our own Christmas shopping at the Dollarama (in addition to crafting things). My sister Savannah bought these bird tealight holders there one year. 
There are also lots of things from my parents' travels in their home, which I love. 
Their dining set was purchased at an estate sale. This room is getting a makeover and I'll share it when there's a good before and after. 
The room the piano is in is getting a facelift too. 
 And this is the gallery wall of graduation pictures. If you're a new reader, you'll notice a lot of people -- that's because I have 5 sisters, 3 brothers, and one brother-in-law (and I'll have another next summer). 
And if you missed these posts, here is a glance at the spaces I've already showed you in their house. 

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love all of the fun things your mom and dad have. Thanks for the visit and the sweet comment the other day. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, your parent's house looks amazing! in fact you're right. Its the small details. Our ancestral home has a lot of such things as well- things that were collected by my grandfather and grand ma and also my 3 aunts and uncles. Maybe i'll do a home tour too :) Very inspiring post.

    Now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful treasures. Isn't it great to be able to look around and have such fond memories of your childhood? I love the jungle room!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agggh ..love the pool..lots of fun there!..Your framed family wall is wonderful.
    Your white pumpkins are so fun so pure and white very intense!..maybe I should paint my natural white ones that really white colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)