Monday, September 19, 2011

Chris & Shannon's Engagement Party

It's great to be back after a busy few days of traveling and wedding fun and family reunion. I'll share lots about our trip to Calgary once I find the cord to upload my pics, but for now I'm going back a week or so to show you all the details from a party I co-hosted for my sister Shannon and soon-to-be-brother-in-law Chris. 

To start, let me show you the buffet table. We kept the cocktail party simple and covered the pool table in my parents' basement with wooden boards and tablecloths to disguise it and create our buffet. (Remember how we used the pool table at my Granny's 80th sit down dinner party?). Here is how the table looked. 
 Since they are getting married in a vineyard next summer, we brought in lots of natural elements and had lots of wine, cheeses, and other add-ons like grapes and figs. (The leftover figs totally made me want to try to recipes Kate at Centsationalgirl blogged about recently).
 We also had a huge tower of simple chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Yum.
 I love cupcakes. We have them at lots of parties, like this shower and this shower.
 An antique grape press served as our centrepiece vessel, filled with grapevines and bottles of wine from the region where Shannon and Chris will wed.
There are LOTS more pics. Click "read more"

 Inexpensive silver frames all over the space also held photos of Shannon and Chris, as a couple and featured side-by-side at the same ages, long before they met. Here's a few shots of the ones on our buffet table.
 Simple arrangements of white flowers in assorted vases and containers dotted all the tabletops.
And here's some more food/wine/decor shots for you.
 Like we did at Granny's party, we used candles and candlesticks from thrift shops, HomeSense and the dollar store to decorate. Since these were all reused, they were free!
 Since the guest book platter was such a hit at Christine and Andrei's engagement party, we opted to make one for Shannon and Chris, too. Why reinvent the wheel? Here it is, all set up on the air hockey table which we hid with a simple table cloth.
More details...
A giant vase is the perfect spot for all those limes...
And, since it was a beautiful night, we spent most of the time hanging by my folks' awesome pool.
Big congrats to Shannon and Chris! Lots more about their upcoming wedding to come as all the plans unfold (lucky for me, I get to help a lot!).

Finally, since I haven't posted any new pics of him, here is my little man the day after the party (with his Aunt Meghan). He is growing so fast!
See you soon
Jenny
xo

20 comments:

  1. your place looks beautiful! not tiny at all!!! Thanks for commenting.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, what a lovely buffet and party for Chris and Shannon. I love how you arranged the food and beverage stations. Your antique grape press was the perfect centerpiece. I'm sure it was a wonderful and special occasion. Your little guy is soooo adorable. Congratulations on being a new mommy. Great blog, I'll be your newest follower.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job setting up this buffet. All of the food looks simply delicious and the pictures are gorgeous.
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many elements that I like... definitely done with a professional and personal flair! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks gorgeous! Those cupcakes are amazing! I love the little details on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady.
    You did a Beautiful job on your buffet and your gorgeous centerpiece. I love the way you have put this all together for your dinner party.!!!
    I would like to thank you for your lovely comment on my new Tablescape.
    I hope you have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like an amazing party...love the white food! YUMMY! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!
    What a great buffet! You did a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Jenny! Oh, this looks so wonderful! My mouth is watering now!
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful, Jenny. Love, love the centerpiece. Want to squeeze the sweet, adorable child!

    ReplyDelete
  11. everything looks beautiful. you did such a lovely job. thanks so much for stopping by my blog. i appreciate your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!!
    - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all CONGRATS! That is such a wonderful party... you captured the essence in your amazing photos too. I love the rustic details mixed with elegance...

    Please stop by and enter my Goodbye to Summer~Hammock Giveaway!
    ~Rainey~
    http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/2011/09/goodbye-to-summer-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a fantastic party. So many great cheeses. You certainly did a great job. Hope to see pics of the wedding. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. You threw an awesome party! Love all the food and details :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uh oh...you have a BIG TIME future heartbreaker on your hands! He is cute as a bug's ear!!! His eyes are so pretty! That's how he's going to be able to control you...with those big, gorgeous eyes! Just wait...you'll see!!! :-) BEAUTIFUL party setup, Jenny! Beautiful!!! I am really doin' the happy dance over that wine press! What a great idea!!! The food all looked wonderful, and you got some really great shots of other details. (e.g., glassware on the bar) Congratulations to the happy couple, and congrats to YOU and Shannon for putting on one heck of a pretty party for them! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S. - I thought I was done eating for the night, but looking at those figs made me hungry for my Nabisco Fig Newtons. When I step on that scale tomorrow, you have only yourself to blame for my weight gain! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am very happy you shared this @ Show & Share so lots of people could see this amazing party! I love all the details that were added!

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like a great party. love all the detail on the buffet.

    just found you...love your blog!
    kathi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like it was a fantastic party~ your centerpiece is wonderful too! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)