Monday, September 5, 2011

Cheery & Bright Master Bedroom

This mood board was created for a master bedroom that is limited on space (hence the tall, skinny nighstands and single armchair). This beautiful embroidered pillow serves as the inspiration that grounds the many prints, colours and styles that come together in this space.

Fabrics (on the patterned pillows, the medallion rug, the upholstered headboard, and the yellow trellis curtain panels) mix to bring the room to life. Pops of red (in fabrics, the flowers and the lamps) and subtle gold accents (on the mirror, ikat bowl, and lampshades), as well as the aquas and turquoises and deep blues, help keep the space fresh. The curtain panels would be done in the beautiful citrine fabric pictured in the top right corner. Finally, the amazing light fixture and other decorative touches bring texture to the room. Walls could be a creamy hue, or a soft and serene grey with blue undertones. 

The neutrality of the furniture (not pictured are other essential pieces such as a white dresser and white bookcase) and crisp white bed linens also mean that it would be easy to change the look of the space in the future. 

Here's a closer look at some pieces (click "read more").



Have questions or want ideas about what might work in your space? 
Leave a comment and I'll get in touch with you!

Jenny 

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this bedroom, the colors are wonderful as are those fantasic pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those colors and you have a definite eye for pattern. That pillow is swoon worthy. :) Thanks for stopping by BeColorful and leaving a comment. I always enjoy hearing from others.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these colors, exactly what I'd like for my master bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that first pillow! the colors are amazing! I'm visiting from Savvy Southern Style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this board. The patterns and colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every bit of it! Great selections!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great board, lots of fun and bright colours! Thanks for linking up at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This all goes so perfectly together! What a beautiful inspiration piece to work with! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share! I appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the mood board! come visit anytime (found you via flaunt it fridays).

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohh, I like that mood board. I might go find some of that fabric for my bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, if you want any sources, just let me know! Everything is super affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny,

    Great mood board; really love the fabric pairings you came up with. Interestingly, I've recently made pillows for my living area using the featured "bird" fabric but I hadn't been able to find good companion fabrics. Could you share the fabric names or sources of the two coral / red'ish pillows? That would help me so much and I'd really appreciate it. BTW, there's a photo of my pillow and link to a great (not mine) sewing tutorial on my blog for anyone who might be interested in sewing their own pillows.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Robin!
    The pillows are all from various Etsy sources. Those ones are no longer available (from Turquoise Tumbleweed originally, at http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurquoiseTumbleweed).

    Here are a few I think would look amazing, from my new fave shop which has really reasonable prices.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/62291142/new-18x18-inch-designer-handmade-pillow

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/59111959/new-18x18-inch-designer-handmade-pillow

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/75152108/new-18x18-inch-designer-handmade-pillow

    Or my other fave shop, Lily On Blue, has items that change a lot but often fit with the style you asked about.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LilyOnBlue?ref=seller_info

    If you decide to visit them and purchase anything, I'd be soo grateful if you told them you were sent by www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    And, if you want to show me what you've got going on in the room, I'd be happy to pull together a mood board of ideas, select other pillows, or whatever you need for free -- I just have fun with things like that.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jenny,

    It's Robin again ... what a generous offer to give me some ideas to pull my room details together. You are so sweet. I would so love your thoughts and input. I'll email you separately.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny,

    me ... again, again.

    Can't seem to find an email address for you. Would you mind emailing me so we can talk about the pillow, room, etc. Thanks so much.

    happilyhomeafter [at] gmail [dot] com

    thanks
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)