Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blue, Pink & Green Baby Girl's Nursery

Today I'm sharing a mood board created for a blue, green and pink nursery. 

There is a subtle bird theme - the alphabet art features birds on wires, as do the antique bookends and bird pillow. Extra crib sheets (not pictured) would also be bird-themed, like this or this option from PBK. Animal artwork and bold geometric patterns, however, ensure that it doesn't feel too themey or overdone. Some elements, like the glass aqua urchin lamp, crystal knobs and white chandelier, give the room a delicate feel while the bright blue side table, punchy art and striped rug keep it from feeling too fragile or fussy. Baskets help keep toys in one place that are easily in the little girl's reach. A dresser doubles as a change table with the addition of a change pad. The striped rug helps to conceal stains while providing a soft place for baby to learn to crawl. Overall, a fresh and inexpensive room that can grow into a toddler and child's room easily. 

If you want to see more nurseries, look here for inspiration. 
To see my baby boy's nursery, click here

Thanks for visiting! I'd love to hear what you think!
Jenny xo

5 comments:

  1. I think your mood board is great. I never really did up the nurseries as they grow out of them so quick but am about to embark on little kiddos bedroom make overs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your mood board. I love it. I would love for you to link up to my Sizzle into Summer party that opens tonight at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny...

    Oooh...your mood board for the nursery really is awesome, my friend! You know, I have never made a mood board but they look like they would be sooo much fun! Thank you for sharing this sweet post and great ideas for the nursery with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! my daughter's room is green and pink and i really, really struggled over what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)