Tuesday, September 20, 2011

BHG Billy Bookcase Mudroom

Have you guys seen this mudroom on BHG.com? I love it! And it cost them a whopping $324 to put together. Those bookshelves are Billy bookcases from Ikea
(We have one in our kitchen, used as a china cabinet -- see it here). 
I so want to make mail cubbies like this for Matt, Benjamin and I. 
This inexpensive wall cabinet from Lowe's was used to create the seat. I'm betting that a lone kitchen cabinet from Habitat ReStore (where they can cost only a few dollars) would work just as well and bring down the already tiny price tag of this space a lot more. 


To see the rest of their description on this space, visit the original site here.

Homemaker on a Dime

8 comments:

  1. OH MY! I love this. I haven't cracked open my newest BHG yet. Shame on me. I really want to do something fabulous in my laundry/mud room as it is a HUGE room that is lined with furniture and filled with laundry that needs to be put away. It currently serves no purpose and a 100 square foot room in a 1200 square foot house can't be wasted!

    Now Following!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very organized. Who doesn't love an organized mud room! Your kitchen cabinet from Ikea looks great by the way. Love your dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by The Bold Abode! I really appreciate your commenting on my chairs. I love this idea for a mudroom. Mine is partially finished...I got distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, they did a great job! Love the mudroom and those wall pockets...perfect! Can't wait to see those made up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I do like how you used the Billy bookcase for your white china, & changing out those little pegs (what were they thinkin?) for the glass knobs was a great idea!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is great. I had not seen that before. Love your use of the bookcase. I saw your comment on another blog and am stopping by. I am a new follower. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this - I am always looking for ideas like this - thanks for sharing! Now gfc following you, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)