Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Wedding Shower: Christine's Candy Bar

Not too long ago, my big sister Christine got married. I'll share lots on that soon enough (plus, beautiful developments at her house, which we started seeing here). Today, I wanted to show you the shower I co-hosted for her along with my mother-in-law and a close family friend. It was a blast!



Christine is both a dentist and a lover of all things sweet. We thus decided that our theme for the event would be Christine's Candy Bar, borrowing the design from the well-known Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC. Fortunately, one of the co-hosts has a totally awesome modern house that we used as our venue. She also has a connection to a man who owns a candy factory - so we scored all of our candy for free. I've never met him, but imagine him to be like a real life Willy Wonka. The candy was our main source of "decorations," along with some other easy crafts that we put together. 

Anyway, let me show you the details. 
 A friend designed these on the computer. We used the image on the invitations, and printed up stickers that we used to personalize various jars that held candies. 

 We also used them on the little take out boxes for guests to make take-home treat bags with. 
 Which we set out like this on this pretty table:
Here's a few more shots of the set-up for you...
 (These faux lollipops were an easy craft project and totally popped in the beautiful space)



 The guest book:

 This home-made sign and display greeted guests at the front door:

 In the dining room, our candy buffet (the actual meal was served in the amazing kitchen, which I'm so sad I didn't snap pictures of). 

 And here is my official candy-taster, who was thrilled about our choice of theme...

16 comments:

  1. looks like you just hosted a fun shower too! thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo fun. makes me want to have a party. Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up to Show and Share #2. I hope you are having fun at the party :)

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a wonderful job with the shower! I bet your sister loved it! Lots lots fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it was a lot of fun! What a great idea!

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    Visiting from Southern Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This party if fabulous! I love this idea for almost any party! Great job on the decor and that house is amazing!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  6. How ironic that Christine, as a dentist, would be hooked on sweets. Her addiction makes for a very cute party theme though. ;)

    Be sure to come by my blog party tonight, Jenny, and see yourself featured.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic and making me quite hungry right now. Glad to hear the shower was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable idea for a shower.
    Everything was so cute! I am sure she loved every minute of it.
    Very nicely done.

    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that cupcake tree is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yeah...DEFINITELY a good thing Christine is a dentist!!! I'm sure everybody will need for her to take a little peep in their mouth after that party!!! That was fabulously sweet...in all ways! You guys thought of a lot of fun anc pretty presentation ideas. The house was gorgeous, too! I'm glad everyone had a good time, and I look forward to see future photos as your sister prepares to tie the knot. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures. Amazing colors. What luck to have a "candy man" connection! I am visiting via Southern Lovely's Show and share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun! What a great party! You did a fabulous job!

    I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this party - how fun! the house looks amazing and I think the decorations were just right for it - your sister must have loved it

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a fun and colorful party! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love candy :) I wish I was invited lol

    Thx for your sweet comment on my blog
    Rasha @mychampagnetaste

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)