Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Baby Shower


Today I thought I'd share with you some photos and ideas from a baby shower that my sister Christine and sister-in-law Heather threw for me back when I was (very) pregnant. 

The cake and cupcakes were both delicious and beautiful.
And sweet little touches were found throughout my sister's home (the venue for the party).
 Note the sweet onesies hanging on a clotheline -- they outlined the room and were hung from the banisters all the way up the stairs. Beautiful decor, and provided me with lots of sweet things for Benjamin to wear. 
You might be wondering what we are doing in the above photo. I am not a big fan of most shower games (no strings around the tummy or chocolate bars in diapers at our parties) but this one was wonderful. The hostesses had guests email a picture of themselves as babies and we all had to try to match up who was who (whoever got the most right won). It was the perfect game for a small shower (and surprisingly hard!).
PS. I'm baby #8.
 I wish wish wish I had taken more photos of other lovely details. There were really pretty gifts, really beautifully presented foods of all sorts, and lots of lovely touches. Sadly, the following two photos are all I have to share. 

Luckily for us, we know someone special who has a connection to Huggies. This has been pretty amazing for us. All of these diapers were from her. 
 And here is a shot of some of the beverages (set on a beautiful antique sideboard). 
 And, if you are curious to see what I looked like, here is pregnant me in a photo Matt snapped just before I left for the shower. I was pretty torn about whether or not to post this, but figured lots of people have been there too. I can hardly believe how big I got (this wasn't even at my largest). But, all completely worth it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I'm preparing a post for my blog, linking where we got our daughter's church entrance idea (all the wedding day photos submitted by the guests), and lo and behold, you're back! Welcome back, sweetie! Your little guy... *gulp* *tears* *goose chills* He's a.DOR.able! Congratulations on the precious addition to your family. God bless you, and (to repeat) welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable cake! I love the tiered trays with the cupcakes too...great idea! Looks like it was a wonderful shower and congratulations on your son's birth! You looked marvelous, never be embarassed at your size when you are pregnant- it's just part of the deal! You look healthy and happy, that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cake! And it all looks so yummy - especially the chocolate cupcakes. ;)

    Thanks for visiting and linking to the party. I would like to invite you to join the party EACH week. And I just joined you as a new follower.

    Have a terrific weekend!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on the books for baby shower post! Your shower was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My main thought about your pregnant pic was that all the women at the shower were wearing sleeveless outfits...which means that you were pregnant during the heat of summer. I did that once....you have my sympathy. Looks like a great party...the generosity of friends...doesn't it just blow you away. Thanks for sharing your special day...Love the cake. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)