Saturday, November 13, 2010

Simcoe Street's First Award!!

I am so excited -- I've been selected for an award!!



A great big thank you to Simple Mommy Secrets for choosing Simcoe Street!!
This is my first award and means a lot :)

Rules for accepting this award are: 
1. Thank & link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.

4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award. Blog Award!
Just copy and paste to receive your award.

Ok, and here are 7 things about me...

1. I have five sisters and three brothers and an incredible Mom and Dad. Now that I'm married, I can add another brother(in-law) and sister(in-law) and terrific set of parents-in-law to that. My family is amazing. You couldn't find a more fun or supportive bunch.
2. I love cities, and have lived in a few amazing cities that I'll always have a soft spot for: Montreal (3 years), Los Angeles (1 year), New York (4 years) and now Toronto (for good, we think). 
3. I also love the country, and my parents' cottage is one of my most favourite places in the world. 

4. While working part time, I am slowly working towards earning my PhD. Classes are all done (hooray!), and now I'm beginning the long process of completing my dissertation while working part time. 
5. I absolutely love discount stores. HomeSense is my current fave. 
6. I am a scorpio. 
7. I was 17 when I first started dating my husband, right after high school graduation, but we've been best buds since we were 12 and used to carpool to school together in high school. I have the best husband ever.

Thank you so much to Alisha for choosing me for this award!

And now, time to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award... it is hard to choose because there are so many blogs I read and love, but here's 15 great bloggers who are very stylish indeed. All are relatively new to me since I'm so new to the blogging world. Hope you can visit them!



Jenny
xo

9 comments:

  1. Jenny, that is so sweet of you to pass it on to me. I am afraid I made my blog award free. It was too hard choosing blogs to pass those on to. I hope you understand and have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I am honored. I too am award free, but your thoughtfullness is so appreciated. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for thinking of me, Jenny! That is so sweet! I am honored! I loved reading about you. I think it's wonderful that you and your hubby were buds since 12! I hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim and Marty -- no worries, I understand being award free -- it was pretty agonizing to choose who to pass it on to. If it is ok with you, I'll just keep you there as my nominees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, I have been following you, and so I am honored you picked me as having a stylish blog! I guess I am in good company as I am award free too. I agree with Kim that it was too hard to pick others, and I actually had people ask why I overlooked their blogs!! Still I am grateful for your appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for the nice comments - your blog is fantastic. I love seeing other Canadians on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jenny!!!! And thanks for passing the award on to me:) I'm not familiar with some of the other bloggers you chose- need to check them out:) Have a great weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh! I'm so thrilled! :)
    Thanks so much for thinking of me!!! yOu're awesome!
    And congrats yourself! You have a beautiful blog :)
    ~Shelley Smith
    houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny,
    Thank you so much for thinking of me and my blog for the Stylish Blogger Award. Due to time restraints and the hard job of picking out my favorites, I won't be able to officially participate, but I so much appreciate your kind comments and the honor.
    Your blog is such an ispiration and I enjoy reading all about your adventures and looking at the fabulous pictures;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)