Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pretty Fall Flower Party Centrepiece

Last Saturday, two of our very good friends sent us a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Those kinds of thoughtful surprises are so great, aren't they? 


 They made a perfect centrepiece for a very casual pizza birthday dinner that we had at our place on Monday night. There were a lot of people, so we opted to forgo the sitdown dinner and keep it super relaxed. We set up some drinks on the table (with plenty of white wine in the fridge) and the pizza and salads on the kitchen table. The flowers helped keep it feeling fresh. 
 (For regular readers, you'll notice you can see into our home office on the left of the above picture... I'll show you that room soon)
 Any drink is more fun if it comes with a tiny umbrella. Even better if they're in a pretty monogrammed cup. 





We set the wine bottles atop these mirrored candle-holder things from Z-Gallerie. 
In addition to pizza and salad, we quickly threw together a few snacks in bowls on the coffee table. Isn't this Tiffany & Co. bowl cute? I bought it secondhand very inexpensively, and it still came in that special robin's egg blue box (which now holds our Nintendo Wii games tucked away behind the armchair in the living room).


It was a fantastic evening, and a great way to celebrate. I was totally spoiled. I have the best friends and family in the world :)


Of course, between my birthday and work and whatnot this week has felt a little hectic, so I apologize for being a little slow on the posting and replying to your super sweet comments front (though I've read every one!). I'll be back in full swing this weekend and can't wait to spend some time checking out what you all have been up to. 

Jenny

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    Your condo looks so lovely set up for a party. The flowers are beautiful and I really love your doors going into the kitchen and the office. Very pretty!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Doesn't it feel so luxurious to receive a beautiful bouqet of flowers like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jenny! Hope it was great!

    Love your flowers, and everything looks so nice. I'm sure you had a great time with your friends!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I've been in the middle of birthday celebrations, too. I've always said that any woman worth her salt can make her birthday last almost a month. LOL You are off to a great start in gracious entertaining. Your details for your pizza supper were so well done. Your lovely flowers were a wonderful focal point for the drinks table. I use my kitchen to serve a lot. I always think that it makes my guests feel just a bit more like family! I want to give you a special compliment because I can tell that you are a busy lady, and you still take the time to do the special touches for your guests...and you entertain in your home...so many don't any more...keep up the good work! Thank you for stopping by my post and for sharing your charming party with us. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. Thank you for sharing your celebration with us.

    Thanks so much for linking your to Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Homemade Wedding Centerpieces are very beautiful. The first wedding centerpiece is best among all. I have seen this type of centerpieces in a wedding I attended at an event venue Chicago around three months ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)