Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Jungle Play Room

When I was at my Mom and Dad's place over the weekend decorating their tree, I decided to snap a few pics of a couple of rooms to share with you. The house is just amazing, full of lots of rooms that have been thoughtfully put together and endured the rough and tumble play of nine kids and all of their friends. 

Today, I thought I'd show you the play room, a little jungle-themed room off the main family room. This room is devoted to kids, toys, creativity and fun. My mother had an artist paint this mural about 12 or 13 years ago. Isn't it great? One day, I like to think our kids will love playing in this room, too. 






 The room is filled with pint-sized furniture, like these mini slipcovered leopard couches and chairs. 



Thanks for visiting :)

Jenny

16 comments:

  1. I like the publication of this beauty and you publish it on my blog a few beautiful details, go ahead. safari just likened

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing! Do you know what? I really thought the snake was a toy snake curled around a real branch! The artist did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hakuna Matata in this room! My daughter would DIE to have this room. I managed some clouds and a pair of flamingos. Cannot show her this page ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!!! This is at your parents house?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool room! That artist had some skill for sure. I love that the trim is painted as well - it just fades into the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous mural. What child wouldn't spend hours on safari in here? Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite the mural! I'm excited to see more rooms. Did you bring pictures of more rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took photos of a few other rooms, and will take more when I'm there this coming weekend so check back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly a work of art -- the entire room inspires me. Can I come over and play? Really -- can I? Thank you for sharing this very special room on the Boardwalk Bragfest! I can only imagine the creativity that occurs in that unique room. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What an incredible room! ...just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun it must have been growing up in this fantastic playroom. You Mom was really tuned in. Thanks for sharing. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW I want to live in that room! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenny,
    That playroom looks like a child's paradise! What fun to play in there, your children will love it one day.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This play room is so very amazing! What an artist she is! The chair with the pillows is just perfect, how fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)