Friday, November 12, 2010

Housewarming and Hostess Gift Ideas

Earlier this week I caught an episode of the Nate Berkus Show, and he had a segment featuring some housewarming gift ideas. I thought I'd do my own little version of this today, featuring some ideas for inexpensive housewarming gifts. Since it is the time of year where there are lots of parties, I thought I'd also include hostess gift ideas. These could all make thrifty gifts for lots of other occasions, too.


I should say that I think something homemade - especially baked goods - are always a perfect choice, too. Same thing goes for a bottle of wine or bubbly. But, for when you don't have the time to create something or are tired of giving wine, these are some good options, all under $20. Beautiful wrapping is all they'd need to be complete!

This pretty "Chancellor" serving set from Pottery Barn is currently on sale for $18.99 (here).


And this vintage serving set from Pier 1 is on sale, too, for $14.38.

These would make a lovely personalized gift (Pottery Barn, $19 for 2)

This pretty white pitcher would be great filled with flowers or on its own.

This pretty hurricane comes in several other fun colours, but the turquoise is my favourite. Paired with a nice pillar candle, this would make a great gift. 
(Crate and Barrel, on sale, $10.95)

And these little measuring spoons are super cute.


This big bowl would be lovely on its own, or better yet filled with candies, fruits, fresh breads or some other thoughtful treat (Pier 1, $20). Of course, I may be biased, as you can find this in our kitchen
A scented candle in glass is also a lovely choice (Ikea Canada, $6.99)
No surprise that I am suggesting these again. Salt and Pepper set from Pottery Barn, $19.

You can't go wrong with monogrammed mugs (Anthropologie, $6)

Or this little reindeer serving platter (Etsy, $18)

But my favourite hostess or housewarming gift this season would be a custom address stamp. There are sooo many to choose from out there. 
Click here to see tons of Etsy options, such as:



Jenny




8 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. This year I've been stumped about gift giving, but I like your selections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas....

    Please can I have the gorgeous white jug when you next come by?!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all fun ideas! Love it when you go "shopping!"

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas. I always have a hard time trying to decide what to bring when I go somewhere. The serving set from Pottery Barn is so nice, but I think the personalized stamps are the best if you have the time to order them ahead of time! I never thought of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I love the idea of the custom address stamp! I am definitely getting that for a family member who is moving to a new house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by for another visit to let you know that I have picked you for the Stylish Blogger Award because I think you have a super stylish blog. I look forward to reading more posts.

    If you're interested in accepting this awared, please stop by Simple Mommy Secrets and pick up your award!!

    www.simplemommysecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I would be happy with any of those! Maybe not the mugs, I have enoough. I do like that ruffled bowl the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful round-up of gifts! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)