Melissa at 320 Sycamore is having a favourite things party. I thought I'd share an assortment of mine and join the party...
Hope to see yours, too!
1) Wedding china. I love the tradition of choosing wedding patterns, and always love to see other people's sets. My parents have exquisite china that I've always loved with a gorgeous aqua and gold band. I can't wait to see what my sister and her fiance choose. Matt and I have a formal (Wedgwood's Platinum Vera Lace by Vera Wang) and a casual (Hutschenreuther's Baronesse White) set and we love them.
2) Tea. I have a little teacup collection, a few beautiful teapots, and several favourite types of tea. I think the ritual and the act of drinking tea is very soothing. Some of my favourite teas are the ones from the Fairmont Hotels, like their jasmine green tea. I also love the mint tea at Starbucks.
3) Lancome eye makeup remover. I am definitely a mascara girl, but don't want to go to bed with any traces of make-up. I've tried a million make-up removers and this one beats 'em all. I only ever buy it when Lancome is offering the cute bonus sets.
4) Waterford Lismore. I love this classic pattern, and am lucky to have a set of water, champagne, red and white wine glasses in the Lismore Nouveau pattern. We also have some coordinating serving pieces that I adore (like the S&P set, below), and a few vintage pieces scored on ebay. I'm always on the hunt for more at a discount.
5) HomeSense. I love this great big discount store.
6) Dates with Matt. I love that he still plans dates for us (don't worry -- I take a turn planning them, too!), and am especially excited for the next one. I am so lucky.
7) Flowers. I love receiving them, and, when budget allows, I especially LOVE to send them.
8) Guylian Chocolate Seashells. These have been my favourite since I was little.
9) Traveling. I've been very fortunate to get to go to lots of really amazing places. I think it would be impossible for me to choose a favourite. The next place I'm going is Punta Cana, and I cannot wait! (We've been there once before -- here is a pic from the last time we went)
10) Clorox Greenworks and Method Laundry Soap. These are my favourite cleaning product lines right now. They make it quick and easy and are safe and eco-friendly. The pump on the method laundry soap is genius. All around win.
11) Having a big family. I have the best family a girl could dream of, and am so thankful for that. It is so nice to be living in Toronto around the corner from my parents, brothers and sisters and in-laws, not to mention lots of my extended family. Allows for lots of fun get-togethers in groups big and small.
So there you have it, a rather random list of some favourite things that came to mind.
Let's hear about yours!