Saturday, November 13, 2010

Entertainment Unit Decorations

When I look at pictures of the most beautiful living rooms, one big difference I always notice between mine and those truly designed spaces (among many many differences, of course) is that those ones have no TV. I see the benefit of this, design-wise. But, I must admit, Matt and I really love to watch TV. It is a pretty essential piece of living room furniture for us, and not one we've made any attempts to hide. 

Our big TV sits in a great big entertainment unit that we purchased many years ago in our living room. I have had a bit of a love-hate relationship with this piece, but for the foreseeable future we're keeping it. The piece provides tons of storage, which our little condo really needs. We're thinking of painting it white and replacing the hardware one day though, which might help a lot. 
Here it is (ignore the snacks set out on the coffee table -- this was just before a party earlier this week). 

We have a few little shelves above the TV in our entertainment unit, and I like to move around what's up there all the time. It is fun to change out the decorations with the seasons (or the weeks...I like to move things around a lot). Here is how it is looking right now.
The top shelf:
 You've seen these reindeer candlesticks before, in my china cabinet.
 On the second shelf are these cute teacup pictures, a gift from my Aunt Catherine.





And we keep lots of our barware in the glass cupboard on the right. I've shown you some of it before here.




And this is the little cubby under the closed cupboard on the left.
And that is where we keep the TV here on Simcoe Street. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but a very functional storage space that we like to have fun with. 
(sorry about the glare in the photos)
Jenny
xo

16 comments:

  1. I looks wonderful. Love your silver and the prints of the teacups. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice house, great happiness, and tables sit gözüküyor.gümüşler

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty livingroom! I also love your silver and the teacup pictures, the tv is a fixture in our livingroom too!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teacup prints are so pretty, you really are getting a lot of storage out of your unit. BTW I love the dresser with the large painting over it - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I could go for a drink right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of space. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely prints and glassware! Gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, love the siver and the teacup pictures. It looks like a wonderful space to sit and watch tv. We also like out tv, so I know where you are coming from. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. TVs are a fact of life for most of us and as they grow larger each year it will soon take a whole wall on which to hang them I suppose. I like the white chest in your room and I think the TV cabinet would look great in white. I believe I see a silver frame around your TV so it wouldn't pop out on white like the black one I have. It could look really great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh love the silver and teacup prints! Come link to Tea Time Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures you showed us today. You have some beautiful pieces. Especially love the silver!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You for joining me for Tea Time! I love the bar! The glasses! So pretty! I just love the silver pitcher! I think I need one too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Can I come by for a cocktail one day :) I love the silver on top - I am always wondering what to do with that top of the piece spot. Beeutiful! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. The silver pieces and teacup prints add a special touch to your entertainment center.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)