Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas in my China Cabinet

I showed you a few of my Christmas decorations and ideas before, and since we are officially into November it seemed like it was ok to slowly start decking the halls...
So far, I've added a few little things to my china cabinet. Christmas in our living room with be mostly silvers, whites and blues this year and the china cabinet is no exception. 
(The kitchen will have reds and greens, and our very first tree will be a totally mismatched assortment of all sorts of cherished ornaments that we've never been able to put up on a tree before).
Anyway, I've never really shown you my china cabinet, but here she is. It is a very dark-stained piece with a crisp, white interior. My Mom and Dad gave this to Matt and I when we first got engaged and were living in NYC. It is my most cherished piece of furniture. 
I've opened up the doors to show you what's inside...

To bring in some blue, I added these lacquer chargers. These were given to me by my Mom last summer and are exactly the blue colour I'm going for this Christmas. 
(ignore the protective felt you can see between the plates at this angle... I promise, you can't usually see them)
Here are some other details. 
First, our little Vera Wang gravy boat (a wedding gift from the Beach family, amazing friends to our family for many many years) has been filled with silver, pearl and blue mini ornaments that I picked up very inexpensively at Home Sense ($5 for 24). 
I filled the base of the gravy boat with paper so that the ornaments are only on the top layer - I want to use them in other places, too, so didn't want to "waste" them where they can't be seen.
Here it is on the shelf with our very sentimental toasting flutes, a silverplate pitcher, covered veggie dish, and crystal salt and pepper set

This one is not Christmas-y, but I thought I'd show you anyway. It is a little crystal butter dish given to us for our wedding by my best friend Kate and her amazing family Lynn, Fiona and Abigail. It is the Lismore pattern by Waterford.  
I also added this little silver reindeer candlestick to the top shelf with our Lismore Essence stemware. 

 And (again not Christmas-y) here is our little creamer filled with my teapot teaspoons (you've seen these before in tablescapes here and here, and Marty won a set of them here). 
And a little Vera Wang teacup. 
I also filled the crystal bowl with some blue and silver metallic and mirror ornaments (also from Home Sense). 
The bowl is again the Lismore pattern from Waterford, and was also a wedding gift. 
We are so lucky that people bought us so many pieces that coordinated with our chosen crystal pattern. I have also collected more pieces on ebay and am always on the hunt for more at the right price.
I also put a few of these ornaments, with a plain old silver glass one, on the top shelf to add a pop of colour and Christmas up there (didn't get a good shot of this, so please ignore the weird reflection in the silver one)
And one blue ornament hangs on the latch. 
This  is how it looks tonight. I'll probably adjust and add more detail later on, but for now I'm happy with the little punch of colour and Christmas excitement. 

 Can you tell I'm excited about the holidays?!
Can't wait to show you more of my Christmas decor, and I'm so excited to see yours!

48 comments:

  1. LOVE that you're putting Christmas stuff up already ;) This is almost convincing me to start mine... we're having guests over this weekend so I'll at least wait until after that so they don't make fun of me/think I'm crazy! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice and elegant! You've got great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so very elegant. It has a timeless look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such gorgeous china and crystal and the touch of turquoise is fabulous. So elegant and beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny,
    Your Christmas decor is lovely! I'm so glad to see someone else as excited about decorating for Christmas as I am.
    You China cabinet is gorgeous, as well as all of your lovely crystal and china, it's a fitting setting for such beauty!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! I love your addition of all the pretty ornaments, I like doing the same thing in our curio cabinet! I am already getting in the mood for Christmas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great piece of furniture. Your Christmas decor looks wonderfully elegant inside you beautiful cabinet! You are so smart to be getting an early start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this whole set up! The colors look great! I'm excited to see hte rest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, your cabinet is so wonderful and you have filled it with wonderful things! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful china cabinet...love your china pattern!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cabinet is gorgeous. Love the china! and yes, I see those adorable teapot spoons...still wanting!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the great ideas for decorating the china cabinet! I'm planning a blue, white, and silver theme in my dining room, too, as those are the colors for my son's wedding in December.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mini ornaments in the gravy boat, Jenny! The colors are real pretty and your place is going to look so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...adorable riendeer candle holders!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your display so elegant you know just how to place everything that is a real talent! Thanks for linking.
    Heather @ memakingdo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks really lovely-the pop of color puts a smile on my face-the hutch is a beauty! I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful color scheme! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little pop of color and the ornaments displayed in the creamer. Very elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the blue in your china cabinet. It does look so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your china cabinet! It is really gorgeous. Your Christmas color scheme is pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the addition of the blue chargers! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your display is oh so gorgeous and the enormous POP of the blue chargers takes it over the top. Such a creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hutch display is gorgeous. I can't quite do Christmas yet. I would want to take it down before Christmas got here. Yours looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you've arranged the pretties in your hutch - so lovely and sparkly!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the little pops of sparkly blue!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi there~ I love your display & your gorgeous cabinet!! Everything looks so elegant and beautiful- I love the white china and crystal with the pop of color in those bottom plates! Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh ho! nice! My hutches are just overloaded--yours looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jenny, your display is amazing. I have picked up a few ideas to use in ours as well. I am so glad you chose to show us what you did. Made me get into a christmas mood.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very festive! I was at a store the other day when they were putting up a real tree and I was so happy to see it. I don't blame you for decorating now!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is SO beautiful, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the turquoise chargers! I am hoping to buy some at Hobby Lobby next week for my Christmas Dining table! Well done!

    <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice! How fun that you'll have a Christmas tree this year! Enjoy hanging those treasured ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think that is so pretty. Love the pops of blue. Have a blessed Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love those beautiful blue dishes !! All of it is gorgeous !! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Everything is so pristine. I love the blue and silver combination. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  35. You're ahead of me with Christmas decorating but it looks great!

    I'd love to have you join my weekly meme, Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a gorgeous piece and it is fun to see your beautiful china and crystal again. I love the blue chargers in there too. Can't wait to see how you decorate with that gorgeous blue. I was out shopping the last two days and I saw a lot of that in Christmas decorations. It is a fantastic color.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks beautiful! I think your color scheme will be great-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What gorgeous and elegant colors!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the pops of turquoise. Can't wait for the holidays either.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  40. It was wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the colors and the chic subtlety!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful, but too early for me! But maybe you are in Canada and are finished with Tgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are! So you get to have a head start! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  44. You have very beautiful china and you have elegant taste

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ok, im just in awe, i love your china display , so inspiring, im off to find china or dishes like that. SO beautiful..
    a new follower, ill so be back to get more INSPIRATION..
    karryann
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful!! I am blog hopping and found your blog. I'm a new follower! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I absolutly LOVE that China cabinet!! Any chance you would be able to pass along where your parents purchased it?

    This display is pretty awesome too, I really like your taste! I've recently purchased my first home and am looking forward to decorating for the holiday's already!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Jenny, your post has given me a "lift" of inspiration to start decorating. Your china cabinet is lovely and the contents are gorgeous....the crystal, china and silver. I am loving the color of blue you have chosen...it is most elegant. I have Lizmore crystal that I have had for 48 years of marriage, but I had never seen the butter dish, which I am loving, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)