Monday, October 18, 2010

A Peek At Our Kitchen

Shelia at Note Songs is hosting a fun link party called The Heart of the Home featuring kitchen spaces. I have loved checking out so many fun and fabulous kitchens and finding new blogs to follow. 


Our kitchen still needs a lot of work, but giving it a very thorough clean (the kind that takes you days to feel like you're finished) when we first moved in, adding the table, chairs and china storage and switching out the lights (the old one was an ugly brass and glass monstrosity) made it feel more like us. We plan to do a lot of work in here, but are waiting until our bank accounts make for a better budget. Right now the budget for this would be close to zero...


Here is how our kitchen looks today. I didn't put away the extra bottles of sparkling water on the counter, and you can tell by my table that we don't have enough places to store food in here right now, but if I'm going to show you where I live I figure it's okay if I show you what it actually looks like day-to-day. 


So, here's a peek at our kitchen. Look for a more detailed post that shows you some of the things around our kitchen and mini projects and mini makeovers that we've done very soon!!






And here's a sneak peek at some of the china we store in here... more on that another day.




Now, head to Shelia's to show us your kitchen, too, and browse over 100 kitchens that bloggers have posted!
Also linking to Flaunt it Fridays :)


xo Jenny

7 comments:

  1. Like your kitchen. Can't wait to the the "later" post. Is that a city skyline I see through the window? I am a new follower I guess I didn't check your location. it looks beautiful. Love the white china. Always so classy.
    I would honored to have you follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Savannah Granny -- it is indeed a city -- Toronto, to be more exact.
    I am your newest official follower (love your blog) and am honoured to have you as one of my followers -- my fifth! So exciting!
    Thanks for your very kind words, they are much appreciated.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Toronto. In fact I love Canada, sea to sea. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny! Oh, thank you for coming to my party! Your kitchen is lovely and I love how you're storing your fruits and veggies! Lovely display of dishes too.
    I'm so glad you came to my party, Jenny!!
    You are a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that new pendant light with a modern lampshade over your kitchen table is fabulous! I need to do with the monstrosity hanging over our kitchen table. I'm totally inspired now! And I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your kitchen!

    I'm your newest follower! Thanks for following me, and thank you so much for the offer to feature my seasonal decor ( http://31diy.blogspot.com/2010/10/seasonal-decor.html )!! I am beyond flattered! I mean seriously, when I saw your comment, it made me so happy! You are too kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Fun to peek into your kitchen- I particularly like your table and chairs. :)

    Jessica
    http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)