Friday, October 29, 2010

Our Wedding Flowers

I'm feeling nostalgic today, and thought I'd share a few photos from our wedding with you (recently, I showed your our great big white cake). Today, I'm sharing pictures of some of the flowers. I absolutely love flowers and adored having flowers all over the place on our wedding day. All of the flowers were white or ivory, and all of the flowers from the ceremony were re-used at the reception. Let me show you a few photos...

First, you can see the fabric flowers we added to my otherwise very clean-lined dress..

And here are the bridesmaids' bouquets just after they were delivered to my parents' house...

Over at the groom's parents' house, the boutonnieres were waiting to be pinned to tuxedos...
And a simple centrepiece ensured the house was photo-ready. 

 We also had lots of rose petals around. Again, all white. 

In the chapel, we decorated the pews with these pretty arrangements which were later used to decorate various tables and spaces at the reception. 

We also had four large arrangements decorating the chapel, which you can see in the photo of us here.  

 These big arrangements were re-used to decorate behind the head table during the reception. 

 


We also had some simple flowers decorating lounge areas in our reception room (which was actually the dining hall of our former high school -- as you can see, flowers and candles went a long way to help transform the space). 


The flower girls had cute flowers, too. The littlest one carried a basket, and the other two carried little flower pomanders. 

And here are some of my sisters' bridesmaids' bouquets the next day in my parents' kitchen sink!

Ah, how I do love weddings. And flowers. And the colours white and ivory. 

I'd love to see your wedding pics, too!

Jenny
xo

PS. Don't forget to enter to win a set of teapot teaspoons!




21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your flowers where out of this world. I've honestly never seen any prettier! I loved your dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and elegant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the simplicity of your all white flowers!! And love the flowers on your dress!!

    I DIYed all my bouquets simply because the only flowers that I liked that matched were fake! I made 11 in all- my own, both mothers, 5 bridesmaids, and 3 jr bridesmaids! It was a lot of work, but I loved how they turned out! I'd planned to do some pew pieces and boutonnieres but ran out of time, so my mom commissioned a girl at Hobby Lobby (where all the flowers came from anyways!) to make those! I do wish I'd had a chance at the boutonnieres just to see if I could do it, but I was glad to have one less thing to worry about!

    You can see almost all of them in my old post here-
    http://daisysfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2008/09/our-wedding-ceremony.html

    I won't be offended if you don't read the whole post- it's long! Just look at the pics to see the flowers! :)

    For some reason, I can't even find a picture of the flowers on the pews! But I did see them in my mom's garage the other day! Haha!

    I'm working on a post on using my wedding decor throughout my house (like my bouquet!)! I'm almost done with the post inspired by your table! Baby Girl has kept me busy and away from the computer this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love your flowers and how you used them. Your dress was very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,
    I love your flowers! White is so very elegant and yours are no exception. You must have had a stunning wedding judging by your wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing your memories of your special day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Such a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of all the roses and white flowers. I think simple is more elegant than a lot of puffy things going on.
    Let the bride be the best thing displayed at the wedding and it always looks nice.
    Love your large vases behind the table at the reception!
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you had a gorgeous wedding! Those flowers are just beautiful and I love your dress!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really did have a gorgeous wedding! I just love Toronto too. We spent a week there two summers ago. My husband was there on business. We stayed near the art museum downtown and traveled all over Ontario. So much fun! Thanks for stopping by today.

    Vicki at Rusty Rooster Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful-I can't even imagine being there and seeing it first-hand-the pics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very lovely!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...Stunning!...wonderful bouquets!....the huge ones for the chapel/reception looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How Beautiful ~ Your Dress is Amazing, The Bouquet & the Large Displays at the Church Or Stunning..... Thanks for Sharing!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is just stunning, I just love the white roses in the silver vase, it's so beautiful!!! Happy White Wednesday... Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jenny,
    All I can say is...BEAUTIFUL! I love white flowers too...My wedding bouquet was made out of white roses and lilies...Oooo and love, love, love white hydrangeas. Happy White Wednesday.

    Hugs and Smiles,
    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, lovely wedding and gorgeous flowers! You are a very lucky lady. Thanks for sharing with us your special day.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow they were some beautiful pictures of gorgeous flowers. Ane I love love love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your wedding was beautiful. I have never seen all white...but it is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Your wedding looks like it was stunning! Thank you so much for joining in! I will put your name in the drawing for the evergreen arrangement!

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. PRETTY WHITES!... gorgeous roses!! :) im a sucker for roses! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)