Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Tablescape

Fall and food go so well together, don't you think?

For me, pumpkin soups and sweet potatoes and apple pie and all sorts of other wonderful things are favourite fall treats. And, when I'm indulging in such things, I love to share them with friends and family at a pretty fall table. Earlier, I showed you a casual fall table  featuring my painted grocery store pumpkins. Using these same pumpkins, as well as the runner and some of the candles, I've changed it up for another fall look. Here it is, but keep reading for all the details.


This one starts with these pretty fall napkins that I found at Century 21 in New York City last year for $1...

I liked the look of using place mats as faux-runners (see this post) but had no place-mats (or runners) that would go with these. But, I did have ten napkins. I decided to use napkins as my place-mat-turned-table-runner. Here is my table in its early transition...

I decided to use our wedding china for the dinner plate (Vera Wang's Platinum Vera Lace by Wedgwood) and our wedding flatware (Melrose by Arthur Price).


And then I changed out the blue candles, added in more white and cream ones, and added dessert plates and the silver candlesticks with white taper candles. It completely changes the look while still using the same white candlesticks, plain runner and painted pumpkins as the base of the design.


Here are some details for fellow plate-addicts out there. 

These dessert plates were purchased for me by my husband for our first anniversary. They are Vera Wang's Imperial Scroll by Wedgwood. I have the best husband ever -- he totally gets me. 


 The silver candlesticks were an ebay score. They are by Waterford (I love Waterford) and the pattern is Gadroon. I don't remember the exact price I paid, but I know it wasn't much.

This pretty salt and pepper set is Lismore by Waterford (you'll have to imagine the salt and pepper, as I need to refill them). These are very special to me, as they were a wedding gift from my best friend Kate and her family, Lynn, Fiona and Abigail.

And some more shots of the table:






To add a little texture, I re-used the string from an old Gap bag to add some dimension to some candles.




Oops, forgot to fold and display the napkins (to be used as napkins, not place-mats) for the photos... oh well...



And, since I showed you some of my Waterford silverplate items, I thought I'd share two more.

I have a pair of these candleabras that I found at Winners (which, for Americans, is a lot like Marshall's or TJ Maxx) for $19.99. They are also the Gadroon pattern.


I also bought this pretty gravy boat and stand from ebay. It was not exactly a steal at $34, but cost a heck of a lot less than it would for me to buy her brand new.


Thanks for looking and see you later.

P.S. I'd love to see your tablescapes -- please post a link in a comment for me to come admire.
xo Jenny

UPDATE: This post was featured at Chic on a Shoestring!

21 comments:

  1. Okay, so I wish I was coming to your house for Thanksgiving! I love the pumpkins and the candles..... and everything looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your silver is just so beautiful. I love your lovely china and linens also. The centerpiece of pumpkins and candles is stunning. Beautiful tablescape. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny,
    Nice to meet you hon!!
    Those napkins are simply gorgeous and made great placemats. I do that sometimes myself, to add more color to the table. Saw your blue and white table as well, very pretty too!!
    Love all your white pumpkins and candles, very chic looking.
    Hope you have a rest of the week,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks so inviting and relaxing! I love the placemats and napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Lovely!
    Maggie

    http://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall tablescape. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dessert plates and gravy boat are both so pretty that I'm all choked up! I think that was a heck of a deal for the gravy boat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the white pumpkins and your Vera Wang china. Everything is put together just beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I just love the combination of white pumpkins with white candles for your centerpiece! And the colourful napkins turned placemats are the perfect backdrop for your lovely dishes! I shop at Winners often!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I like the place mat/napkin/runner idea. And, I love all the white candles and pumpkins. It looks very understated and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you got those candlelabra for $20.00!!! What a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely fall table! Great idea, to use the pretty napkins as placemats AND napkins! I still love the white pumpkins on that runner -- great look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I painted pumpkins and pinecones cream color last year for my Thanksgiving Table. Always think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, it's so nice to meet you and have you join Favorite Things Saturday. Your table looks beautiful. How clever of you to use the napkins as place mats/runners. Your wedding china is so pretty, and I love the dessert plates your husband got you. What pretty silver. I can't believe what a deal you got on those caldelabra! Thank you for linking your pretty tablescape to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice!! The white pumpkins are wonderful!

    Thanks for linking up to Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom Commercial Break!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous table! Thanks for linking up to Fab Friday -

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi again! I featured your fall tablescape on Flaunt it Friday. Stop by and pick up my "I was featured" button if you'd like. Come join my party again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Using those white pumpkins as a center-piece really sets off your whole table scape! You have a real eye for creativity...Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a spooktacularly beautiful post! Have a Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm late getting to all the Silver Sunday posts so am trying to catch up this evening before the next one rolls around. Your table looks lovely. I like the white and silver together. Beautiful! ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)