Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dish Soap Makeover

The title of this post makes me seem a little ridiculous (really? dish soap? who cares!?). 
I am okay with that.

I am a firm believer that even the littlest things around you should be beautiful, especially when they are things you use and look at every day. Like my dish soap...



On a trip to Home Sense I found this little olive oil cruet in the clearance section for $2.00. I knew he'd be the perfect dish soap bottle for our kitchen counter...

Ta-da!!!



We don't have a lot of room next to the sink in our tiny kitchen, 
but this guy fits in perfectly amongst the hand soap and lotion...


How do you store your dish soap?

(P.S. As I was writing this post, I found myself wishing I had a pearly white or soft blue dish soap... and then I realized that I am a bit ridiculous. 
But I know what I'll be looking for when our orange Palmolive runs out...).  


UPDATE
Sarah mentioned that it can be hard to get soap out of a bottle like this. I should have mentioned that to do this, mix about 70% soap with 30% water (the precise amounts don't matter). You'll still have plenty of cleaning power and it will pour really easily. xo


Linking up to The Thrifty Home

4 comments:

  1. Too funny- I always buy green because I like how it looks- but I think I'm ready for a change- maybe blue next?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I definitely agree with you in that little changes make a big difference. We have our dish soap in a bottle like that, too. It makes it look soo much nicer! Oh and I like the orange soap - it's a little pop of color. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I hate how dish soap looks too! I'm thinking of painting my Dawn foam dispenser like this.........

    http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2010/03/28/the-great-soap-makeover/

    but wonder how it will hold up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did exactly the same with my soap for a bit but it came out soooooooooo slowly!! It was ridiculous!! I stuck with it for a bit - it gave me a chance to slow down and look out the window at the garden - but I gave up in the end!!!

    Yours looks great though - I hope it comes out properly!!

    I love you blog, by the way.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)