Monday, October 18, 2010

Casual Fall Dinner Table

My little pumpkin project, which I showed you here, was the centrepiece (nope, that isn't misspelled -- in Canada we write "centre" not "center") for a very simple, quick tablescape for dinner with three of my girlfriends. 

Lately, I've seen a bunch of tables set with a long runner down the centre of the table lengthwise, and table-runner running underneath it horizontally with each place setting set atop of it. I wanted to do this, but didn't have the extra table runners to achieve the look. So, being a use-what-you've-got type of gal, I used our regular place mats, but turned them sideways. Let me show you, as this description is hard to follow... just ignore the wrinkles, our iron is on the fritz...



See how it looks two blue table-runners underneath the centre one? 
But in reality, they're just place-mats. I'll let you peek under (you'll see I could change the look by reversing to the blue and swirly side of the long runner, too)


Adding a few more things, and I'm set for dinner...





And at night:



Who's hungry for pepper squash and pumpin? 

(P.S. For anyone who wonders about such things and wants to know where everything is from, I'll be writing a post soon on our dinnerware, crystal and flatware so stay tuned!)


This project is linked up with Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest. Check out tons of great, inexpensive home projects there!


Also linking to Tablescape Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life
Lucky Linky Tuesday + Sawdust and Paper Scraps
Letting The Creative Juices Flow+ Simply Designing
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Sundays at The Tablescaper + Centerpiece Wednesday
Friday Hodge Podge + Vintage Inspiration

18 comments:

  1. It's soo pretty! I love the white pumpkins, the table runner, the glasses, candles, all of it... Really nicely done! I'm sure your guests were delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just commented on your post about painting the pumpkins, and I'm really thinking now that I see your table setting that I need to do this! My china would look soooo cute with the white pumpkins and candles. I have a ton of the same type blue candles leftover from my wedding! Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://daisysfavoritethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this setup too....I'm with Stacey on this one. I'm gonna have to use your pumpkin idea for my table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the kind words -- it means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color palette you used. It looks so soft and pretty, especially in the candlelight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant. Love the blue and white and the pumpkins grouped in the center is stunning. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soothing and elegant. Last year I did a post that included a blue pumpkin. It would fit right in to your scape.

    So happy to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Sorry to be so late getting around to everyone. Life seems to be in hyper mode. The next time you link (which I hope will be this Sunday) please be kind enough to provide a link back to Seasonal Sundays. Thanks. And thanks again for joining in the fun.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tablescaper -- not linking back was a total oversight -- I thought I had! I feel terrible.
    So sorry, and I've added it in now.
    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is such a pretty table! I love the addition of the blue candles to the white pumpkins, and that color scheme would work GREAT with my wedding china. Thanks for all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and elegant! I love the overlapping to add some extra details. Beautiful display in the center too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very sophisticated, modern tablescape. Thank you for sharing your chic design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh I love this color scheme! Thank you for linking up.

    :-) Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on getting featured for this! The colors are stunning together and the simplicity is what makes it beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a lovely color combination, The simplicity of your table, with the white pumpkins is gorgeous, very creative and resourceful with the place mats!
    Thanks for linking up with VIF!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue and white and pumpkins! Oh my... what a gorgeous and unique fall table! I just love your calm table! I'll have to stash this wonderful combination away for a future table myself!
    So fun to stop by! Inspiring!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)